“Perfect Dining Experience”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Bus stops are located around 50 metres from our front door. The Cambridge train station is a 10 to 15 minute walk from the restaurant.
Description: An award-winning restaurant in Cambridge with a stunning Michelin star, Alimentum offers modern European cuisine from celebrated chef Mark Poynton. Using slow-cooking techniques to accentuate flavour and texture, the menu brings together innovative, intricately-crafted dishes, as well as supreme tasting menus. The Alimentum sommelier presents a vibrant and modern wine list, and delectable cocktails are made using homemade fruit purees, and one of Cambridge's finest spirit selections.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went to Alimentum for a family dining experience just before Christmas. We are a family of vegetarians so advised the restaurant before our visit. Our whole dining experience was quite exceptional - food, service, drink, ambience, presentation. The staff did their utmost to ensure that our needs were catered for and the food was imaginative and creative - far from the usual vegetarian offerings that are trotted out. The cocktail and wine list were equally interesting. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. The entire experience was perfect and we hope to repeat our visit.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MinnietheM00cher

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Better and better”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I've been several time at Alimentum, last time was the day where the restaurant was awarded its Michelin star, so today was the first time after that..... and I was curious to see what the Michelin effect would be, I feared that it could be disappointing: "I've done it, and now I do not care anymore" type of reaction ---> not at all! It was even better than before, extremely tasty, subtitle and delicious. We were 6 of us and amongst us had a very large sample of the meals available on the menu, none of us was disappointed. And I keep the best for the conclusion: the wine list is great, I always take the Crozes Hermitage Blanc, so rich, so powerful, my favourite! Mark: you deserve this Michelin Star, big time!!!

1 Thank Bruno L
Beziers, France
“Alimentum Excellence”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the third time I have eaten at Alimentum. We booked a table for 8 for a birthday lunch on a Sunday. No large roasts were of offer, instead rather delicious and elegantly served food suitable for all. We chose from the "formule" menu and we were not disappointed. The concentration on presentation and service at this restaurant is admirable and although the portions are not massive, the flavours are delicately balanced. I recommend this restaurant for weekend lunches - the food is reasonably priced for the standard of cuisine. Serving staff are knowledgeable and welcome questions. The gentleman asked if we had any allergies - this was a nice touch.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth M
St. Neots
“A magnificent experience.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a birthday meal with friends. The staff were most welcoming and ensured that we had a splendid evening.
Normally I am not a great "fish dish" lover, but I decided to be a bit more adventurous...I am so pleased that I did. My scallop and chicken starter was delicious...the scallop was huge and so sweet!
My mains choice was the peanut crusted cod...it was just superb! I even had dreams about it!

The staff were attentive, without being intrusive.

Yes, some might say that the cost was on the pricey side, but I think that it was money, well spent for a special occasion to become even more special.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank victorf654
“Mmmm...”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Firstly, I have to add that this was my first time dining at a michelin star restaurant. From the outside, it looks really low-key with its frosted windows. It doesn't actually look very posh from the outside at all - there isn't much to entice you in. Inside it was slightly better but overall, quite a small restaurant. There is a reception/bar area where I noticed were a group who had drinks before their meal.

The service was great, and the food, absolutely divine! This restaurant serves french cuisine, with a variety of techniques involved.
I'll have to say that the menu was quite limited - only about 5-6 options for each course a la carte, or a tasting menu. I am a vegetarian so chose all the veggie options. I thought each course was absolutely divine, so many flavours and textures that compliment each other. There was complimentary bread, and we also got a complimentary starter and dessert as well which was on a mini plate. I can't really fault the food as I enjoyed every course I had.

I would love to go again despite the ££££ and this experience has encouraged me to try other fine-dining restaurants.

• Visited January 2013