“Excellent Chinese”

Ranked #23 of 737 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fresh daily ocean catch fish,Lobster,oysters,etc,etc
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We visited this restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. The service was not the quickest but as all dishes are cooked freshly to order,by the owner Daniel, the food is well worth waiting for. We had several dishes all of which were extremely tasty and good quality. We were made to feel welcome by Daniel and we were offered a complimentary drink to finish our evening off.Thanks Hakka, we will definitely be back on our next visit to Cambridge.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went to hakka tonight after reading these reviews and can honestly say it was amazing. It was a quiet night so we got to speak to Daniel, the chef and owner. Daniel works 7 days a week on his own, and has a passion for preparing great fresh food. He uses fillet beef so it melts in your mouth and the Beijing set menu is very good and plenty of food. He is also happy to make what ever you prefer and really wants to make sure you have a delicious meal. As it is only Daniel and his front of house, you may have to wait but it is worth it. the service was very good and on Friday and Saturday's it is packed so booking I would book. I am now only going to Hakka for my Chinese fix. Excellent.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Found this by Google,was a wonderful meal,yes there is one waiter and he is just busy not rude,as previous comments...the owner/ chef took time to come by our table and chat,remembered our name also....the food is like nothing I have tasted before,I guess this is what Chinese food should taste like,it was hot fresh and full of flavour.....a lucky find I will go again...thankyou mr mrs london

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have eaten at The Hakka several times, and we always have wonderful food and a lovely evening. I love Chinese food, and have eaten at many Chinese Restaurants around the country, and I would say that the food here is the best Chinese cuisine by far in Cambridge, and probably the best I have ever tasted. The menu is varied and some of the dishes unique. The food is perfectly cooked to order, and you can taste the freshness and quality of ingredients. Nothing here is precooked, so the waiting time between courses can be long, but in our opinion it is well worth the wait. Daniel, the Chef/Owner is friendly and knowledgeable, and nothing is too much trouble. He is always really good with our children, and tonight when he realised it was our son's Birthday he played Happy Birthday and put a candle in his desert. In the Summer whilst in London we decided to go to Chinatown for a meal. This too was a lovely experience, and the food was very good, but I would say without a shadow of doubt that Daniel's Menu far surpasses this.

1  Thank Helen J
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Back home, we'd have Chinese take out (take away) about every two months. Like most people, once you find a Chinese take away restaurant that you love, you tend to form loyalties and return again and again. We are living in Cambs for a short while and we are elated to have found Hakka Seafood Chinese Restaurant early on. The service was impeccable; Daniel went above and beyond to cater to our preferences. And the food may well be the best Chinese food we've ever had, superb in both quality and taste. You have our loyalty, Hakka. We will be sad to return to 'our favorite' back home now that you've set the bar so high. Thank you and we'll see you soon.

1  Thank Kasey_Matt