“A good evening out.”

Ranked #49 of 715 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fresh daily ocean catch fish,Lobster,oysters,etc,etc
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have eaten at The Hakka several times, and we always have wonderful food and a lovely evening. I love Chinese food, and have eaten at many Chinese Restaurants around the country, and I would say that the food here is the best Chinese cuisine by far in Cambridge, and probably the best I have ever tasted. The menu is varied and some of the dishes unique. The food is perfectly cooked to order, and you can taste the freshness and quality of ingredients. Nothing here is precooked, so the waiting time between courses can be long, but in our opinion it is well worth the wait. Daniel, the Chef/Owner is friendly and knowledgeable, and nothing is too much trouble. He is always really good with our children, and tonight when he realised it was our son's Birthday he played Happy Birthday and put a candle in his desert. In the Summer whilst in London we decided to go to Chinatown for a meal. This too was a lovely experience, and the food was very good, but I would say without a shadow of doubt that Daniel's Menu far surpasses this.

1  Thank Helen J

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Back home, we'd have Chinese take out (take away) about every two months. Like most people, once you find a Chinese take away restaurant that you love, you tend to form loyalties and return again and again. We are living in Cambs for a short while and we are elated to have found Hakka Seafood Chinese Restaurant early on. The service was impeccable; Daniel went above and beyond to cater to our preferences. And the food may well be the best Chinese food we've ever had, superb in both quality and taste. You have our loyalty, Hakka. We will be sad to return to 'our favorite' back home now that you've set the bar so high. Thank you and we'll see you soon.

1  Thank Kasey_Matt
Reviewed October 19, 2013

seriously the best in Cambridge. most Asian students frequent seven days which is also very good. but personally I think Hakka is the best for its food, atmosphere and service. the service is more European in style as opposed to the Chinese way but it is very good and friendly. the set menus are cheap and you get a lot, probably enough for 3 not the 2 it states on the menu. if you are unsure what to order, just let the chef decide, you wont be disappointed! I took my friend here last night as he is from the Hakka people in Singapore as well and was of the same opinion as me that this place is better than seven days. I just wish it were based more centrally in Cambridge, I'd eat here a lot more often. worth a special detour, bring all your friends!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is without doubt a very superior Chinese restaurant. We had the best Chinese meal that we have ever had.
The staff are wonderful with the chef (owner?) being extremely helpful and also very funny with a great line of patter. If the Chinese have cockneys then he must be one.

We ate here on the last night, my only regret is not finding it sooner.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went here with my friend Jane on sunday eve and the service was so so friendly such a clean and welcoming place to go and i have never had chinese food that was to fresh tasting smelling and so clean looking in the dish I would highly recomend Hakka Salt chilli mussels are to die for i would eat them every day if i could everything was perfect nothing was to much for the waiter and for the owner/chef to do for you there may be a wait between courses but that is well worth it just to taste this chefs dishes as well as for the fact you know nothing is precooked all done to order and piping hot on dish Perfect Perfect Perfect Thank you and will see you again very soon i hope Ricci