Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre
$141
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$147
$123
HIExpress.com
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$89
$145
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
2,353 results
All reviewsthe riverwarm cookiesa river view roomdouble treegarden housecar parksmall balconyper dayafternoon teaexcellent locationmini barlovely hotelroom ratecity centrelovely roombreakfast was excellentcam
Reviewed November 23, 2010

The Doubletree Hotel in Cambridge is located at very nice location close the river Cam. As far as I know, all rooms are very quiet. If you book a room, try to get one with view to the river. It is definitely worth it. Close to the hotel is a very nice pub called The Anchor, where you can also get descent pub food.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave4422
DTCambridge_10, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Dear Dave4422
Thank you for your recent review of Doubletree Cambridge. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding location. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2010

Cambridge Hilton was the middle of three back to back Hilton stays and was by far the best. I try and visit Cambridge at least once a year and there is simply no better location to be had in the city. Right on the river makes it quiter than other locations in Cambridge, walking to the centre takes just minutes and there is car parking. I note there have been complaints about the charges but Cambridge was not designed for the car and parking is at a premium. I always travel by car to hotels, yes some are free but most in ciites charge and I have paid more that this hotel charges. I have always found a space - most other hotels have smaller car parks using them is not always possible.
The staff on reception are polite and efficent and indeed often recognise me and welcome me using my name before I have told them it! I always stay in one of the junior suites to ensure I have the location within the hotel that gives me the best views. I was even presented with a bottle of champagne and a card on the evening of my birthday - such a lovely touch.
The only small complaint I have is that the cooked brakfast selection had been under heat since being cooked & was a litlle tired, as we were arring close to end of service time this may be part of the reason, early eaters could well have done better. Realistically that is a small moan as everything about our stay was yet again A1 star grade. We then moved on the Hilton Park Lane which I think is graded higher and it was entirely grim - the staff should be sent to Cambridge to see how it should be done and trained by them.

Just wish Hilton would use the old name of Garden House within the hotel name!!!
Well done all @ Hilton (Garden House) again.

MS devon

1  Thank meyres
DTCambridge_10, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2011

Dear meyres
Thank you for your review of Doubletree Cambridge following your stay with us. I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our aim to make our guests feel individual and recognise the reason for their stay with us. I appreciate the feedback on breakfast and we will monitor this closely. Looking forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed November 20, 2010

We arrived to find out parking was17.50 per night...... There are no other options close by, so stuck and had to pay...!

Booked via lastminute.com - secret hotel - got excellent deal for Sat night, dont think I would have like to pay the full rate.

Don't get me wrong, hotel is nice, but I travel worldwide on business and it's what I would expect from a **** hotel.

Slow check out at 11.30am - 6 people ahead of us. We had not received an express bill to our room so had to queue at desk. No queue for Hilton Honours, whats the point of having a frequent guest scheme if I'm not being recognised. Only 2 serving at reception desk, supervisor was just standing next to conceirge watching..!

We were on the 1st floor and party downstairs with music till midnight, this didnt bother us as we only got back to the hotel at 11.30pm but others were complaining at check out.

Did not eat/drink at the hotel - we chose to eat at Jamies Italian which was e-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t.....

The only thing going for this hotel is location.

Would I stay here again - yes if I got the same deal with parking thrown in...!

1  Thank SJBerkshire
DoubletreeCambridge, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge. I was pleased to learn that you were happy with the room rate on lastminute. However, I was sorry to read that you felt the car parking charges were expensive, these are the average charged by 4* hotels in the centre of Cambridge.
I was sorry to learn of the delay on check out and that both terminals were busy, including the dedicated Hilton HHonors area. With regards to your comments about not receiving an express check out bill, this was due to your room being fully pre-paid, however thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We always welcome constructive feedback as it is a powerful tool that enables us to clearly identify where improvements may be needed and I will definitely pass on your comments to all relevant managers.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Have just returned from spending 2 nights at this hotel with my partner. The hotel is in a fantastic location. Upon arrival we were given lovely warm fresh cookies which were lovely. However the room we were allocated was not the best. We were given a ground floor room (great for the leisure club) but RIGHT next to the function rooms which unlucky for us had LOUD music going up until midnight!! Also being on the ground floor, you can always hear when the room above is having a bath/shower as you can hear the water running down the pipes. We did have some outdoor space but overlooked the CARPARK!!! At least we knew our car was safe.

There wasn't any mention to a leisure club in the rooms or by reception but as I did research, I knew there was one. The pool area was okay. The pool itself was very small and I would say a maximum of 4 people if all are doing laps. There is also a jacuzzi and a small steam room and sauna. No towel or coins needed as once you sign in, they give you a towel and a card for the locker.

We found a voucher in the local magazine for discounted afternoon tea for 2 at a price of £14.95 total. We were allocated a table which over looked the river which was lovely, but the actual experience wasn't the greatest. The scones (which I was looking forward to most) was really hard and stale and not fresh). The English breakfast tea came out but wasn't given any milk?! Nobody was around to ask for it and then when we manage to get someone's attention (approx 5 mins later), the tea was warm. Overall, I would not have paid £30 for afternoon tea.

Car park for the stay was £17.50 per day and once you check out, you have until midnight to leave the car park.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel as we were less than 5 mins walk from a handful of Cafe's. There is a wide choice of shopping within 7 mins walk and lots of restaurants too.

We went to Jamie's Italian restaurant one evening but will write a separate review on this.

I would probably come back to this hotel, but would definitely asked for a room overlooking the river and on the top level.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

It was a very nice location.. It was by the river.. Very close to Downtown area.. Very cloe to the other restaurants.
The room was small but nice.. We could see the river Cam for our room..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business