“Nice guest house!”

Carolina Guest House
Ranked #27 of 123 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The owner was helpful and friendly. The room was clean,tidy and well decorated. It was a tight twin room and the beds wer pushed together. We had to juggle a bit of the furniture to separate them. It was a good sized en-suite which is a plus and the shower was excellent (big big plus for me). We didn't have breakfast. The parking was tight as we had a 3.5 tonne van and not much space. Overall was pleasent and would stay again. Thanks

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Carolina Guest House

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at Carolina for a few days while working in Cambridge and found it to be excellent. The owner is very welcoming, the rooms are very clean and well-appointed and the full English breakfast is top class. Highly recommended for those visiting Cambridge.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was staying in Cambridge for two weeks on business, and I couldn't have asked for anywhere better to relax away from the stresses of my work. The host was enormously friendly and hospitable, the room was comfortable and the breakfasts were generous and well prepared.

The location is a little away from everything, but it's only 15 minutes walk to all the restaurants and coffee shops of Hill Road and there is a bus stop directly outside the guest house that gets you into central Cambridge in 10 minutes. I had no trouble finding my way around and getting out and about in the evenings.

This guest house is amazing value for money and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Considering the cost of accommodation in Cambridge, this is an absolute bargain.

1  Thank PatKelman
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I couldn't have asked for more in a hotel. Lovely clean and comfortable room, exceptionally friendly management who were keen to help me settle in and give advice on what to do during my stay there. When they asked me what time I wanted breakfast (rather than telling me what time I had to have it) I knew I'd found a great little place to stay and I couldn't give it any less than five stars. The only (very minor) downside was the noise from the busy main road outside - but with all the other great things about the place I couldn't really let that take anything away from it. Free superfast wifi as well!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels around the country with work and this is by far the best for the price (a mere £50!). Without doubt, also one of the very best full English breakfasts I've had. The owner was super helpful, a real pleasure to chat to..
I recommend this little gem on every level, you'll have no problems whatsoever and for the price? Priceless!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here for a week at a time. It's like visiting your aunt and uncle except 1) It's not Free and 2) You don't have to sit around for hours on end and make small talk with your relatives reminiscing about the way it use to be! This charming B&B is in a local neighbor setting with EZ access to central Cambridge. The Bus drops you at the door or a 5 pound taxi ride gets you to city center. It's clean, private, quiet, comfortable, safe and the best breakfast on the planet! Patel and his wife treat you like family without making all the inquires that family inevitably do. I didn't spend a fortune to get all these goodies... about half of what a boutique hotel would cost in city center. Save your money and feel like you never left home. Stay at the Carolina B&B but don't tell anyone. Let's just keep it our little secret!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

After an error with the bookings and the unavalibility of the family room we reserved, the host was able to accomodate us in 2 adjacent rooms. Split up the family, but we had the only 2 rooms on the floor, so it was ok. The house was nicely decorated and the rooms were comfortable. They had a few spots for parking available for guests for free. Breakfast was included, and the host simply asked when and what we wanted to eat. Food was good and plenty. Host was very gracious and enjoyable to talk to. Pleasant stay at a good price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family