“fantastic two night stay”

University Arms Cambridge
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Vilnius, Lithuania
“fantastic two night stay”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the the university arms while visiting Cambridge to see my daughter graduate from university. We normally stay at places outside of the centre but decided to treat ourselves as it would be the last time we would be in Cambridge.
We arrived early not expecting to get into the room but were pleasantly surprised to be told by a happy receptionist that our room was ready and we could check in....a big help so we could freshen up to visit the city.
The room was large and had a great view over the park which was one of the reasons why I choose this hotel in the first place.
Breakfast was large and also looked over the park. Even my daughter who is normally a fussy eater found something she enjoyed.
I wish we had found this place before.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Matthew M, Manager at University Arms Cambridge, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Seb S

What a lovely start to my Tuesday morning. Thank you so much for taking the time in writing a truly flattering account of your visit to the University Arms Cambridge.
I am delighted that our front desk team were able to assist you by providing an early check in. I am pleased that you enjoyed our views across Parker Piece.

You mention that your daughter is a fussy eater, may I suggest the she is merely very selective! I remain absolutely delighted that through our individually prepared breakfast offerings we were able to cater for her tastes.

I hope that the future will bring me the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the University Arms.

Matthew Morgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I arrived on a warm summer afternoon and got a room with a view to large grass patch next to the hotel. Seeing so many people strewn on the grass and enjoying the sunshine do give you that feel of being holiday and to relax.

As for the hotel, rooms were big but is a little old, perhaps it was trying to preserve the hotel's legacy. It was also very near the train station. Other that that, it was a comfortable stay! I would stay at the place again!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear KC_Sy

Thank you for posting your recent review following you recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your view across Parker's Piece and gave you a feeling of being on holiday. I am also pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be large and comfortable.

Since you infer that you would stay again, I look forward to welcoming back.

Abbeyleix, Ireland
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed for two days. The room was okay, reasonably comfortable but we expected more for the price. We booked dinner for our party but cancelled due to a disastrous experience at breakfast. We were left waiting for 45 minutes and when breakfast arrived it was a grease fest. Really very, very poor. We complained (something I rarely do, normally I'd rather just not return) but the 'supervisor' merely said they were busy that day. In my opinion this could be anticipated and either way its no excuse for staff who are apathetic and food that is sub par. I certainly won't be back, either will my colleagues.

Room Tip: Keep looking, this not the hotel for you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard R,

Thank you for your recent review. I must confess it has left me deeply concerned. I have made efforts both to find a reservation match and also to find a record of the compliant you raised on the day. Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful on both counts, as I have no record of your complaint and no reservation for two nights under anything resembling Richard R over recent weeks.

Richard R, guest service delivery is something we pride ourselves on here at the University Arms and always strive to be exceptional. I am truly sorry that on this occasion we have appeared to have fallen short.

Therefore, I would invite you to contact me at you earliest convenience so that I may be afforded the opportunity of addressing your concerns. Then hopefully work to re-establish your faith in the University Arms and the service standards we strive to deliver.
I am contactable on matthew.morgan@universityarmshotel.com

Matthew Morgan

Travelers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Lincoln
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Your a bit screwed staying in Cambridge. Just not enough rooms for all its visitors. This old hotel is ok but at £170 a night b+b make sure your on expenses.
Nice reception rooms and I enjoyed breakfast in the huge ballroom like dinning room.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Simon L

Thank you for your recent post following your visit over graduation. I am pleased that you enjoyed your individually prepared breakfast in our ballroom. I am also sorry that you feel that our bedroom price tariff is not reflective of our offering.

I am grateful for the opportunity of pointing out that we regularly conduct market research to ensure that we are reflective of others hotels in Cambridge.

Thank you once again Simon L for your review. I hope in the future I may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the University Arms.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I had read many reviews about this place, some not so complimentary. But having recently stayed there I can say that the staff snd management were excellent. We had a great room, and the bar staff, waiter staff and general managers were very accommodating. Definately coming back here

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Dale A
Dear Dale A

Thank you for your recent post following your visit to the University Arms Hotel. It is truly delightful to hear that my teams looked after you so well. I am very pleased that you had a "great room" and it obviously met with your expectations.

I am also very pleased that you will be "definitely coming back" to see us again. I would be grateful if you would make yourself known, so that I may welcome you back personally.
Thank you again Dale A and I look forward to welcoming back very soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great stay at the hotel, it was graduation weekend and also a wedding was being held there so it was very busy, but the staff (especially the lady on reception) were very attentive and made us feel like we were the only guests. We will certainly stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mel98765
Dear Mel98765

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay here at the University Arms Hotel Cambridge.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and my team made you feel so very welcome, particularly front desk.

Thank you once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming back to the University Arms in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Mid week Cambridge is quiet and this hotel is very peaceful, breakfast was really good. A great place to go out and see Cambridge from 10 minute walk to the centre. Good service and although my single room was smaller than my usual bookings the bed was comfortable and all the facilities were there and well maintained the view from the room was an uninspiring brick wall but other rooms may have been better, over looking the parkland.
The staff were helpful and friendly and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the park not the a/c units
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Matthew M, Manager at University Arms Cambridge, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Steven361,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at the University Arms.

I was delighted in reading your review and I am very pleased that you enjoyed a peaceful breakfast, our central location and you found your single room to be comfortable.

I look forward to welcoming your back to the University Arms in the near future.

Matthew