Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Cambridge
from $14.73
from $5.38
from $44.18
More Info
All reviews famous alumni harvard century college chapel court
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2019

The gardens are very nice indeed. They are so tranquil and well laid out. Entry into this college is free.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 15, 2019

As an MA from this college I am able to dine in Hall gratis twice a year. I try to visit as often as possible. I did so last weekend and met up with some old friends and Carol and I had a super evening. We also attended a benefactors garden party two days later and we were well treated to a great picnic in the Fellow's garden with lots of Pimms, live music, strawberries and cream and great salmon sandwiches.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

The college was founded in 1584 by Sir Walter Mildmay. Take a photo of the first court, visit a chapel and The Emma Pond with huge carps. The chapel is one of three buildings in Cambridge to be designed by Christopher Wren (1677). Among famous alumni you will find John Harvard (the founder of Harvard College, Massachusetts US) and Graham Arthur Chapman (members of the comedy group Monty Python). Free entry

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

As a 1960’s graduate I returned with my family to visit and dine at the High Table in Hall.
After a sherry in the Parlour e were escorted into athe Hall where we enjoyed an excellent poached salmon dinner and white and red wines. Back into the Parlour for port. Claret, fruit and cheese. The fellow were terribly friendly and stimulating. It was a lifetime experience for my daughter and her husband and an emotional return for me to the favourite place of my youth.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

Pleasant grounds and specious halls. The staff were present and helpful however the bar was a little short handed on the night and only held a small selected amount of drinks.
The food portions were small but they were tasty and hot and there was over a hundred of us to feed.

Generally a good venue for our team and a good night.

Date of experience: December 2018