“Quaint and homely - Perfect place for scones and cream!”
Review of Aunties Tea Shop - CLOSED

Aunties Tea Shop
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Charming and quaint, this li'l shop is a must visit for the warm scones and hot tea. There's also a delectable selection of cakes and sweets.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Absolutely lovely service, great manageress, friendly staff and the best fruit scones with cream and jam I've ever had!! Can't agree with any of grumpy reviews on TA - this place is so busy it's a miracle that their staff can manage to serve so quickly and efficiently AND with a smile :) I can recommend that place and I'll be visiting again 100%.

1  Thank Christina T
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Been here a couple of times now and both times the service, food and drink have been top notch. The atmosphere is vibrant as it is popular with local students, I have marked it down a bit on atmosphere as I had a table near to an over excitable student who couldn't lower his voice if he tried. Unlike other reviews I didn't find the price expensive (much cheaper than the independent coffee shop around the corner). Give it a go if you like tea rooms with table service.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Right in the centre of Cambridge this is a lovely tea shop with super food. Has jacket potato well served and plentiful with tuna and salad whilst my wife received an enormous ham salad sandwich! Tea was strong and delicious and all well served. Only drawback is that they have put so many tables in it is a bit tight for space-particularly for us next to the toilet door. Steps and are ato toilets could do with a tidy and some paint. Reasonable prices and pleasant, helpful staff.

1  Thank redoubtwarrior
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were visiting my daughter in Cambridge, and she suggested Aunties for breakfast. It was busy when we arrived but there was one table and we took that. It is a bit tight on space - a small table for 4, but we managed and the food was excellent and also reasonably priced in my view. One nice small touch - I don't like tomatoes, and they are pretty much standard on a full English breakfast, so I ordered one without tomatoes (as I have done many times in many places). The surprise was they gave me a discount for not having them - something which has never happened to me before, anywhere. Yes they did add an optional 10% tip to the bill; but it was optional and I don't mind that; this practice is getting more common. Will come again.