Tripadvisor
Cambridge
3,273 results
All reviews roof terrace valet parking the river floor to ceiling windows senior fellows illy coffee elemis toiletries boutique hotel valet service top floor four poster bed lovely hotel hotel guests cooked breakfast lovely room central location car park
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

We had a very good experience staying at The Varsity Hotel.
All the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful and our room was excellent.
We will definitely stay at the Varsity again on our next visit to Cambridge.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Great hotel - brilliant location, lovely room, good food, very welcoming team. Nothing was too much trouble, the roof top restaurant and bar was great for dinner and breakfast. Will definitely be using this as my Cambridge base from now on.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2020

We arrived on a Friday night to a very warm welcome from Ellen, who was exceptionally welcoming and helpful, and explained to us in detail what the hotel offered, options for exploring Cambridge, and the gym.

The rooms were clean and spacious, and the bed was massive, and sooo comfortable, with stunning views. The bar staff were all so welcoming, and looked after us very well. The views from bar SIX were amazing. They really show off the very best views on Cambridge; a city I had never visited before, but that I think I would like to visit again and again!

The music soundtrack in the bar was great too. I was working up there for a couple of hours on my laptop, and it was just such a nice environment to work in.

I'd definitely recommend the Varsity hotel to anyone, especially in the summer with their beautiful terrace!

Room tip: We were oin the 4th floor, and the views from our room were lovely.
Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Really friendly staff especially the lovely receptions, free upgrade, clean and tidy room.. what more can you actually ask for? 24 HR room service, very discreet.. Loved it thank you. Will be visiting again. Can't wait

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 660olivers
Reviewed January 13, 2020

Staff were perfect, couldn't do enough for us, and the bed was excellent. Obviously a great location central to the city (not sure if the river really is "picturesque" though, as it says on the hotel literature). But I thought overall, with the spa services on offer, it was overpriced at just shy of £350 for two nights, given there wasn't even a cooked breakfast included.