Hotel is close to the river, shops and restaurants. The reception area is small and our room wasn't that big either but had a nice view over the town. like dthe fact you could open the window too. We stayed one night only to visit the arts theatre which was only a short walk away. Water, tea and real coffee in the room. Good sized TV on the wall. Comfortable standard double. Restaurant is outside and turn left so we breakfasted in our room which was fine. Didn't use the spa. All in all we had a relaxing pleasant stay. This is a good modern basic hotel which is in a really convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge