The hotel and staff are extremely pleasant. We stayed there whilst visiting Kings college. Great suggestions for things to do , the river is very close by and the punt tour is fantastic.
We had a king room which was large for a city centre hotel , nicely decorated and all the amenities with in the room.
In the evening I used the gym and spa which was much bigger than expected, it was busy but i did not have to queue to use the equipment. The jacuzzi is on the river which is slightly awkward as people pass by. I did not try the hotel restaurant for dinner but the room service breakfast was excellent.Good hotel in good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge