Brilliant service throughout a 21st birthday celebratory weekend, and only a short walk from college! Panaramic views from the top floor penthouse suite. Woke to see the sunrise over Cambridge.
Great celebration meal overlooking the river in the River Bar Restaurant. Porterhouse steak suiting the undergraduates. Loved the freshly made Siclian lemon cheesecake - light and tasty. The bar is well stocked with every brand of gin and vodka going which makes a change from the ubiquitous commercial brands found in the city's pubs.
This hotel is my guilty pleasure. The experience enhanced on every visit. Cannot fault it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge