Stay a night or two here and you won't be disappointed. Loved the uniqueness of the decor - every room is individual and tastefully decorated.
We only stayed a night for a week recharge of our batteries and to celebrate my sister's birthday.
I must compliment all the staff, but in particular Suzanna who fortunately for us answered the phone whilst we were making our way by car here - we did not anticipate or appreciate how difficult it is to drive to the Hotel, and despite sat nav we ended up getting personal directions from her - she offered to stay on the phone as we manoeuvred our way through a busy Sat afternoon traffic, in fact she was wonderful and really went out of her way to guide us there safely. big thank you - its not often these days you get that type of kindness and helpfulness. In fact all the staff were wonderful and made our stay (short and sweet - just the one night) memorable and a secured a return next time we visit Cambridge. The roof top views are amazing and we enjoyed drinks around a gas heater - it really felt like -20!!!
Breakfast was good and although we did not eat in the hotel, if breakfast was anything to go on, I'm sure it would be of the same high standard. We enjoyed our spa treatments and chillaxed in the jacuzzi - had a good ol laugh trying to figure out if passers by can actually see in - (they can if they care to come close enough to the window) So I hope we didn't give the elderly group of elderly men heart attacks on Sunday morning when we all four of us did a quick flash!!! Loved the Elmis products in the rooms - only suggestion we would make is would be good if shower gel and shampoo was supplied in the changing rooms - luckily one of us brought these but we ended up having to share and also to a stranger. In summary a lovely hotel and would definately recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa