Came with my wife for a long weekend, booked a Double and they upgraded us to a King Room, very tastefully decorated, with quirky wallpaper and beautiful furniture. A thoroughly modern bathroom with great water pressure in the shower capped it off nicely. A very warm welcome from the staff and nothing was too much trouble, stayed in and ordered room service on the first night which came directly from their steakhouse - two beatuiful medium rare fillet steaks that made us come back for more the next night in the restaurant. My wife had some treatments on the second day and I used the gym, she had a very relaxing Elemis facial and I used their very large gym - both used the sauna and steam room which was very pleasant. Thanks for a very relaxing stay, will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge