The Varsity Hotel & Spa
  • Room Service
$209
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
$140
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$112
$175
$168
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$57
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
2,550 results
All reviewsroof terracevalet parkingfloor to ceiling windowssenior fellowsthe riverilly coffeethe penthouseboutique hotelfifth floormagdalene collegevalet servicelovely hotelhotel guestscooked breakfastlovely roomreception areacentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Travelled there on business, brought my wife who had never been to Cambridge before. We were both very happy. I happily used the good (and free) wifi on the roof to work, looking on to centuries of history below me (think my emails were more prosaic than usual!)

My wife had a wonderful time at the spa, followed by a lovely meal in the steakhouse next door. She was happy with the elemis products in the room, not the cheaper stuff we normally find in hotels these days.

Staff were helpful without being obstrusive, thanks all for a good stay

Room Tip: Ask if you want a bath
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank gorstein1
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel is bang slap in the middle of the colleges, our room 415 had good views onto St Johns College and Kings Chapel, and the room was nicely laid out with great wallpaper.

My girlfriend had bought me a spa package for my birthday, so I had my first ever body wrap and facial - it was heaven, this was interspersed with lazing in the jacuzzi overlooking the river.

A quick bit of retail therapy preceded a lovely steak in the adjacent steakhouse and a few glasses of Malbec.

We didn't even get time to punt. The spa swung it for us and the superb location.......we shall return

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed one night on a business to Cambridge, quick check in, spacious bedroom well furnished and a large desk to work. For once an hotel with fast wi-fi and an easy access. Included full English buffet, complimentary water and a good DVD library. Hotel doesn't have car park but two near by. Will return

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Absolutely outstanding in every way, from the wonderful penthouse suite we had, the views,balcony, standard of furniture, the comfortable bed, we did not want to get out of!! to the staff - their professionalism and friendliness and the food/breakfast, room service. actually everything was perfect, to finish off a perfect wedding. the hospitaliy of Roberto ( general manager), who made himself known to us, if he could assist in in any way. THANK YOU so much for the finishing touch to our wedding.
In short The Varsiy Hotel is an oasis in the middle of a stunning city.
It was an experience staying their, we will be returning. - as Mr & Mrs. xx

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

DON NOT BOOK ROOMS FROM 1st to 4th FLOOR. Rooms from first to fourth floor have no view, no air, no minibar, no appeal. Even if I reserved a "King" room I was bitterly disappointed, being at the first floor with a view on a side street, no possibility to decently open the window, no air conditioning, Staff and service were kind, overall quality was good but nevertheless I left the hotel disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family