“porkilicious!”

St John's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
St John's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 693 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Just off the beaten track, The St. John's Chop House is a sister restaurant to The Cambridge Chop House. The restaurant is situated in a 200 year old former Almshouse. Split over 2 levels with 5 separate dining rooms it offers a wide range of dining options from an intimate meal in our Reading Room to the party sized rooms on the ground floor. Traditional British food is once again the mainstay, sourced as locally as possible, complimented by a local cask ale and an interesting wine list. Reservations are taken and recommended, especially at the weekend.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“porkilicious!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went with several colleagues from work. I could not resist ordering the mustard ham hock. It was wonderful. One of my colleagues ordered it as well. I recall that there were a lot of things to choose from on the menu. It's a little on the pricey side, but it was a nice dining experience.

Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Dereham, United Kingdom
“We mean to return, if possible”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is an interesting old building which makes for a good atmosphere - and what a meal to go with it ! Really good food. Whilst some of us would have liked to try the fixed-price menu, which looked very good value, it only applies Monday to Friday, and we went on a Saturday evening. That said, the food we had was so good, none of us could complain at the medium price we had to pay. Also, the 2 young children in our party were allowed to choose from the fixed-price menu. Leave room for pud. Both the Chop House Mess and the Posset were delicious. Will try to go again if we are in Cambridge

• Visited October 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Early evening deal excellent value”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

4 of us went on a Monday expecting it to be quiet. It quickly filled up & was very noisy & busy. Service just about kept up; the food was very good; cost £54 for 4 plus £20 for a bottle of excellent red wine.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is really one of the nicest restaurants in Cambridge, excellent portions, delicious ales - I couldn't possibly complain about a single thing, and I'm normally very fussy.

• Visited September 2012
“Best meat in town”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I was here because of a work dinner (i'm italian). I know about food, and this was
The only restaurant I'm reviewing, because is the only that served me REALLY good food. Meat is great and also service was awesome. The helped me throughout the menu in order to make the best choices. Congrats! Sure will come back.