“Overpriced”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Overpriced”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Ridiculously overpriced. £28.50 for a starter, dessert & glass of wine??? The food was basic bistro fare, nothing special. Avoid.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Crossways15

London, United Kingdom
“Good, traditional French fare”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've walked past this restaurant many times but never had dinner there. By day it is a cafe which I've never found super appealing, but by night it's transformed! It has a standard menu but also a long list of specials, and a short wine list (by the bottle only). A two-course meal from the set menu is a reasonable £15 but once you venture off this it is a bit more pricey. For the three of us, each having main and dessert, plus a nice bottle of wine the bill was about £100 (including service). Not ridiculous but not cheap either. The service was excellent - the waiter was attentive without being intrusive, even though we were the second-last table to leave. I'm sure I'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank autosnail
cambridge
“Worth a revisit.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We ate here last week after friends had given us a tip off that it was great food. We feel it was average food if not a little expensive for what you got. But all in all we had a lovely time. Great sevice. We will give it another go

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank josiewebster1954
New York City, New York
“Decent options for lunch”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The pastries are quite good, more than the savory dishes I would say.

The dinning room downstairs is convenient just not the most comfortable.

If you have a sweet tooth, it is worth a visit.

Visited December 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have had takeaway coffees from there in the past and thought I'd try their food.
The food was OK, I had a chicken pie with salad which wasn't amazing but what you'd expect from the price. The ambience is very French Cafe/bistro - hectic, cluttered and a bit sticky and grubby.
My major gripe was being shouted at by the lady who took my money, she ordered me to go and get a table and snatched the money from me without a 'please' or 'thank you'. I understand that they were busy, but it seems all she was interested in was my money in her till!!!

• Visited January 2013