“I would never stay there again”
Review of Cherry Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Cherry Lodge
Ranked #103 of 123 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Very strange place. We did not feel comfortable staying here at all. The stench of cigarette smoke permeated the upstairs, during the early hours of the morning. I couldn`t work out whether it was the owner or customers, but there appeared to be some kind of party. There was loud voices, doors slamming,loud music & lots of smoking. We only stayed 1 night, but I found I had a croaky voice when I left due to the smoky atmosphere. I did not expect to share toilet/bathroom facilities with all the guests & the owners. The facilities were very basic, the bathroom/toilet were not very clean. The breakfast arrangements were also very strange. Bread products were dumped in centre of table for you to help yourself & put into toaster. There were a few boxes of cereal & a 4pt carton of milk & carton of orange juice on table. It felt like no real thought or care had been put into running this establishment. I can`t even say it was good value for money. I was very disappointed, I would not return & I would certainly not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank gilbertderbyshire
There are newer reviews for Cherry Lodge
Reviewed June 10, 2009

A terrible place to stay, when we checked in the owner gave me a key for the front door and a padlock for my bedroom door! my bedroom was at the front and as it is on the high street i had traffic all night going past. anyone who smoked congregated outside the front talking loudly. First night the family that lived there were talking very loud downstairs, till half one in morning, with the windows open shouting at people outside, no facilities at all in any of the rooms for tea or coffee, also none of the rooms were ensuite so we had to share bathroom and toilet with the whole house including the family that lived there. The wardrobe doors were so twisted that they didnt close.
I had a shower one side and a bathroom/toilet on the other so every noise was heard, and i mean every noise. there were stains on the carpet and the chair, and paint was peeling off the wall. even the laminate on the ikea table was peeling up and none of the channels on TV were watchable as aerial was a set top aerial and didnt get a signal
On the Second night loud music played and lots of heated discussions and shouting downstairs, until at least 2am...The Continental breakfast is unopened packs of croissants (if your first down) bread jam and cereal, plus cartons of orange juice
I really dont understand how this place became a b&b as i thought it would have had to have some kind of inspection first, all in all i would not have stayed here given the choice but it was booked by someone else, would never recommend it to my worst enemy and would never stay here again if you paid me!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business