“Nice, freindly bar, basic food”
Review of The Snug Bar

The Snug Bar
Ranked #384 of 705 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our Lensfield Road Snug Bar, where we offer quality service alongside an eclectic offering of cocktails, food and real ales. Whether a self-confessed foodie, cocktail enthusiast or ale drinker we have something for you. During the day we're the perfect comfy retreat from the office or studying, providing quality coffee and food served all day - whether you fancy a light bite, the best breakfast in town, classic fish and chips or our famous homemade burgers, our menu will see you through the day. Come the evening we are transformed to a cocktail and beer lovers dream. Drop in to enjoy our generous happy hour whilst being be looked after by our friendly team and provided with a selection of quality cocktails, premium lagers - and now a fine range of real ales and cask cider - in what is probably the cosiest bar in town.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Really enjoyed having a drink here, the pub is compact with nice staff and a great atmosphere. The food however is basic and very expensive, all in the party felt pretty let down by the presentation, quality and value of the food.

There are newer reviews for The Snug Bar

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Very good little restaurant , it has a lovely atmosphere and the menu is small but the burgers in particular are very good if I may recommend the nacho burger :) the chips are served in mugs which is a quirky touch. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal out.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

It's a bit pricy but it's lovely, ideal for meeting friends then after wards walk around the gallery.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I visited the Snug with two business associates for dinner, it is a good welcoming pub/restaurant with a great atmosphere. The staff were very helpful and attentive which made a for the rather limited beer selection they had on the day we were there. The food was ok, I suspect pitched at the student market both in terms of the selection available and the price. It was ok but I would normally pay more and expect more.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I were doing our own walking tour of Cambridge and were getting a bit tired, a bit cold and looking for somewhere to warm up.

We happened upon the Snug and went in. The decor and furnishings really do make the place seem snug, and very cosy. The wait staff were very friendly, but I think a little disappointed in our order of tea, hot chocolate and some comforting deserts. However, a few other patrons did put their cocktail making skills to the test - and I can tell you - it was impressive.

I had a treacle sponge with custard and it was delicious. I loved every bite and it was the perfect thing to restore me for a walk around the Botanic Gardens.

We just relaxed and rejuvenated ourselves and did not feel at all rushed. I would definitely recommend.