“Not good at all”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Perth, Australia
“Not good at all”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We chose Tatties for a late breakfast and I was really disappointed. The service was awful, in fact I waited at the entrance for a minute or so before choosing my own table and having to go find a menu. It's a cafe, not a restaurant.

Ordered a jacket potato, hoping for a crispy skin and fluffy potato inside, but no I got a microwaved potato with beans and sausage that were soggy and not very edible.

The lady made me a coffee instantly, probably thought I wasn't watching when she used a shot of coffee that was sitting on the machine along with milk that had been heated earlier, I dread to think how long both items had been sitting there, it tasted horrid.

We ate what we could, paid and left. At least we got a goodbye :)

• Visited June 2014

Vienna, Austria
“Pleasant place for a quick lunch”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Nice modern cafe with seating outside on nice days on a pedestrian walkway. Serves up decent quick lunches etc. such as huge baked potatoes with a large choice of fillings. Breakfasts also offered. Ate there twice in a week and would go again. Personally would call this a coffee shop or cafe I do not think it could be classed as a restaurant. Service fine and staff friendly.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Queenofwien
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a long established coffee shop cum restaurant.
It serves a very good menu and has its own clientele dependent upon the time of day......do watch the step from the main room to the rear where the plate windows are......i like,it maybe because I can meet regular old friends there...it just seems very cambridge to me and is approached via a crescent of more expensive shops leading to king street and midsummer common...

Visited May 2014
UK
“Potatoes alright, but poor service and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This café very much lived up to its name, being pretty 'tatty' inside, with very little atmosphere. We went for lunch on a Saturday, and it was pretty busy. I presume that this must be tourists, since I can't imagine them getting much repeat business! The waitresses were pretty surly and unhelpful, and our potatoes took almost an hour to arrive. The chilli con carne filling was very tasty, but the cheese was cheap and nasty, and the potatoes pretty hard. We were a table of four, and the waitress cleared half our plates before the other half had finished. Also, the toilets were in desperate need of re-decoration, and had no baby-changing facilities. Overall, would definitely not return.

• Visited March 2014
“I really wouldnt bother”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Me and my friend visited here for lunch on a Monday. The first and last time for the both of us. We have often pasted and its usually busy so thought it would be ok. I had a jacket potato with hot garlic mushrooms and cheese. There was plenty of cheese, but it had not taste to it what so ever, no butter on the potato and the garlic mushrooms I assumed would be in a garlic sauce, but they were just fried with a slight coating, but you wouldnt know they were garlic mushrooms. there was a small salad with it, but it had a horrable cheap french dressing on it. I had a medium pepsi, which didnt taste like a pepsi and this was over £8. So not that cheap really when you can get a two course meal and a drink for around £10 in other places. The restaurant was shabby and the staff just did what they had to. I was really disappointed with it and we will not be visiting again.

• Visited March 2014