“The most shocking attitude ever experienced throughout my global travels.”

Stazione Restaurant & Coffee bar
Ranked #155 of 683 Restaurants in Cambridge
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The most shocking attitude ever experienced throughout my global travels.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Just had the most appalling attitude from a senior waiter. We parked our buggy in place of a chair and moved the chair out of the way. Just like you do at any restaurant. The initial waiter had no problem but then we were pounced upon by the senior staff member complaining that we were breaching council regulations. The other tables were empty and so clearly there was plenty of space. We had to walk away as he was obviously spoiling for a fight. We left vowing never to return. We are locals and had eaten here dozens of times before. Obviously doesn't count for diddly squat. Stazione have just learnt the meaning of the word commodity.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LePlusGrand

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Ok... But nothing special”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Went with my mum for lunch in may. Waiter service OK but food overpriced and food was very below average compared to a lot of restaurants is have eaten in. I would recommend not eating here there are better places.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very pleasant Italian in the centre”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Close to the marketplace. We ate outside on Friday evening so we got the live jazz. Service was prompt and friendly and the food was excellent. We also enjoyed some very good wine. £100 for two (although it would be less had we not stayed for more wine). One thing to be mindful of - the restaurant does not take cards. However there is a cash machine nearby.

Visited June 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I ate here in April inside the restaurant. The waiter said they could do me a dish that was not on the menu: pasta with white sauce and Lucanica sausage. I ordered it, but they just added the pepperoni they use for the pizzas. It was a very poor dish that I ate because I was in a real hurry before going to a meeting. I did point out that the dish wasn't what the waiter had said they'd prepare. The waiter confirmed that it was pepperoni and apologised when he brought me the bill -- but they still charged me full price (£12.95. They also gave me the tiniest basket of bread I've ever seen: four small pieces cut from what seemed to be a supermarket baguette. I won't be going there again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Allen H
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Terrible food with matching attitude”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Food served cold went back twice for heating up. Ration on Black pepper and informed extra charge for Parmesan on pasta dishes. Male Staff rude and intimidating to female customers. Advise to avoid as food bland and not authentic.

• Visited June 2013