Alder Lodge Guest House
$205
$199
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$126
$105
HIExpress.com
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
$133
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$113
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
$154
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbus stopscience parkworking deskplenty of piping hot waterthe traditional english breakfastand free wi fidouble bedarriving lateshort drivetea and coffee making facilitiesone nightfriendly welcomefront of the housedecent sizepark and ridefollowing morningfull english
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I don't know why I have been paying full hotel prices and ignoring B&B's. For £40 I got a pleasant clean room, comfortable bed with en-suite. TV, coffee & Tea making and a fan. Breakfast consisting of Orange Juice, cerial , full english plus toast & catetiere of coffee was a bargain £5 !! Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, very convenient for the bus into Cambridge City Centre, what more could I need.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We choose to stay here because it seemed like good value for money. We paid £50 a night for two people. The property is a little dated and the rooms could do with some updating as well, however for the price of the stay I guess you can't grumble. The bathroom had all you needed, including complimentary toiletries, however as mentioned below the shower is very weak and quite small (not good when you're both around 6ft tall), althoug everything was very clean. There was a tiny tv in the room and some furniture which looked like it had had better days! There were coffee/tea making facilities as well. The only weird thing was we had asked for a double room but like everywhere it was two single beds put together, however the first night my boyfriend complained he had a really bad nights sleep where as i slept really well. It wasn't until i led on his side that i realised why, my bed was very comfortable with a nice soft matress whereas the side my boyfriend was sleeping on was awful, really hard and lumpy matress! Not what you expect! We didn't have breakfast as it was £10 extra per person and we felt we could probably find something nicer in Cambridge itself. There is a bus stop just outside the B and B which is really handy you can get quite a cheap dayrider ticket and it takes about 20 minuts on the bus to get into the centre. The B and B itself is easy to find as well and not too far off the motorway. The only thing i would say really let the B and B down which in my opinion is one of the most important things is service! Upon arrival we didn't feel welcomed at all, wasn't asked how we were, or how our journey was or where we had come from, why we were here, just small things but makes for nice conversation! We were shown up to our room and not really told anything else, not what time check out was or how to get into Cambridge or whats really good to do! On check out as well i had recived a confirmation email saying that half the price would be taken from my account so i was expecting to pay £50 whereas she hadn't actually charged my card so the full amount was left to pay- when i asked if i could see confirmation of this the lady didn;t have any of the paper work to hand or anything to say it hadn't come out of my account so i had to double check this myself before we paid for anything. Slight hassle and could have ended badly for her and the card i actually made the booking on had been cancelled! Think there are probably better places you could stay where you would be welcomed more! They don't seem to care about their guests.

Room Tip: Not room 4
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emmajoanne
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Basic room however for just £40 was difficult to ask for more. Room was clean and bed comfy; bathroom in decent condition though power of shower was quite weak. Compared favourably to a Travelodge given the price and quality

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in the small single room.The couple who run it where welcoming and professional.The room was very clean with clean linen,tea/coffee making facilities and various bathroom requisites (nice touch).The cooked breakfast was good and plentyful with the option of cafetière coffee, various teas,orange juice and cereals.Although the Alder lodge is about a 45 minute bus trip out of town its well worth a visit as its such good value for money.
Well done Alder lodge

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This B&B looks modest from the outside, but is comfortable within and absolutely excellent value as well as being warm and cosy with tea and coffee making facilities, Freeview and free wifi. It's a bit out of town bu public transport is good.

A bargain.

Room Tip: Kings Hedges road might be busy on a weekday so a room at the back is likely to be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo