“Every time worth a visit”
Review of La Pergola

La Pergola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pergola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 711 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family run Restaurant sitauted a few miles west of Cambridge City Centre. We serve authentic, traditional Italian food, and where possible use homegrown vegetables and herbs that are cultivated on our adjoining allotment. Our pizzas are cooked in a Wood Burning clay oven and our pizza dough is freshly made each morning. Our menu features many typically Italian foods that we are proud to make using the traditional methods and recipes handed down through generations.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Every time we stay at Cambridgeshire (so once a year), we visit - for lunch or dinner - La Pergola.Very good food (sometimes it could be even more Italian and less English); warm and personal service; feel-good atmosphere, ....... and it's worth the money!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

La Pergola best food best home atmosphere:
a stonemile of Italian hospitality
It worth to pay a visit to this beautiful warm place managed by great people very professional competent friendly very cheerful
The food is amazing and the restaurant itself looks like an Italian piece of heaven
It's like to be home

2  Thank Anna A
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I'm veggie, and my husband is a huge meat fan. We both loved the Sunday Roast at La Pergola - he had a huge portion of roast beef with all the trimmings, and I had a roast without meat. The vegetables were delicious, seasonal, and cooked perfectly. Yorkshire Pudding the size of a hat (and home made), and crispy roast potatoes. Fab food and happy atmosphere, back home for a snooze now!

1  Thank acer16
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went with eight friends and had a fabulous evening. La Pergola is attached to The Wheatsheaf so you can arrive and have a drink in the bar before you sit down which was perfect for us. The food was delicious and we can be quite critical. The staff were really pleasant and helpful. We had a most enjoyable evening and will definitely return again. We would highly recommend this restaurant to our family and friends.

1  Thank cambridgeskinut
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I'd never heard of la pergola before despite living not that far away. All I can say is that's an unknown diamond!!

The staff are very welcoming and friendly.
The restaurant itself is spotless with a light airy feel.

I had lasagne which I can honestly say was the best I've ever tasted, far better than any of the chain Italian restaurants.

I then had profiteer rolls which were again totally amazing!!!

I seriously can't big this restaurant up enough as the meal was the best ever!!! Will without doubt be going back and spreading the word!!

1  Thank Vix19844