“Lovely food, but needs attention to customer care”
Review of The Bridge

The Bridge
Ranked #322 of 700 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, but needs attention to customer care”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had lunch here today and the food was really nice. We used the specials menu with 2 courses for about £14 which was great value we thought.
The staff were helpful and friendly, but the meal was let down by a few difficulties:
- one person's meal arrived more than 5 mins after the others, which always leaves you thinking 'should we start or let ours go cold?'
- we asked for a bread roll for our granddaughter to chew on while we ate and they couldn't manage that. They brought a plate of bread and butter and when we said that was too much they brought us one slice instead. when we came to the bill and quibbled the £1.20 for the bread, they reduced it to 50p. surely most people could throw in a bread roll when 4 adults are eating?
- one of the drinks was orange juice and lemonade and they charged us for the 2 separate drinks
so a shame really - but we did enjoy the food!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Eladora

• Greek first
“Overcooked, cold, poor quality”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went out for evening meal on a Monday so the place was not as busy as weekends, looking at the menu thought we woud get at least a half decent meal ?? How wrong was i ! scallops where taseless & cold, mixd grill was just as bad all the meat was dry, it looked as if it had been dropped on the floor and just scooped up and slapped back onto the plate ! mixd grill comes with a fried egg and looked the egg had been cooked in the microwave. now theirs a thought maybe the whole mixed grill was cooked in there ??? wife had sweet chilli prawns and said they sell these in Iceland and tasteless her sirloin was dry well overcooked and full of gristle. not a good meal, in fact probably one of the worst we have had. iam not one for complaining but felt i had to say something as this was a complete wast of money and not cheap :(

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank gben13
Ely, United Kingdom
“Rediculous drinks prices”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

One lunchtime went for a cheap meal. £5.95 per main course. so ordered 2 meals a diet coke and a J20. when the bill came i was shocked. came to near £20. £8 for 2 drinks. I felt cheated as the lunchtime deal wasn't really that good value. Will not be returning.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank jamie m
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vast improvement”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just been to this pub for Sunday lunch with my Dad and two young children and I have to say I was very impressed with the food. I wasn't expecting much as I have dined here before and left disappointed. The quality of my Sunday roast was far and away more than I would have anticipated from a chain pub. Very tasty! The staff were lovely too and made us feel very welcome, particularly the manager. The food came very quickly considering it was a busy Sunday lunchtime.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank BMHH12345
Cambridge
“Like any other brewer pub”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The location is great, especially the garden area, the service was good and I could not fault that, but the food was average/poor, there were too many flavours mixed into one meal and not much of a choice of 'everyday' meals that I would expect from a Brewer pub. I would only go back to have a drink in the garden area, but I would not go back for a meal or recommend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2012