“Really good restaurant in the heart of the country, make sure you book though!”
Review of The Bridge

The Bridge
Ranked #326 of 733 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

As my wife and I have recently discovered, some of the best places to eat are not necessarily the ones that everyone knows about! The bridge is roughly a 20 minute drive from us and we were surprised that we have not found it before, anyway as the title declares you really should book (well Saturday nights anyway) as when we got there the place was heaving, however considering how busy they were our food was served reasonably quickly!

I chose a salmon dish, which was served on a bed of what I would consider britains best mash! seriously the stuff is made with what must be golden potatoes, and the result is mash with a beautiful texture, not too creamy but melt in the mouth potato goodness! I dare you to try it and disagree!

My wife had the trio of of pies, which consisted of mini venison, steak and onion and chicken and mushroom, which was served with mash (mmmm) mushy peas and gravy, all of which was of very good quality and cooked very well (I think she said the mash was the tastiest though)

The prices are fair for the quality of food and service that is offered, and considering the close proximity to Cambridge dare I say even good value for money! The staff are very friendly but not "too friendly" and by that I mean they are around, but they don't pester you after every bite! (trust me it happens)

The restaurant is actually part of the chef and brewer chain, and therefore if you hop on their website www.chefandbrewer.com, you can sign up for the newsletters and get offers by email, we have just had a 20% off voucher, and as they have just released a new menu we might as well take advantage of said offer!

Overall I would say if you are in or around the Cambridge area, this place is definitely worth considering, I'm sure we'll be back very soon!

1  Thank Andy E

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Luckily the weather was lovely and we could sit outside as the food wasn't great and service awful. We had to wait 1hr 30 for good and only got our mains after asking. There weren't enough people serving behind the bar or clearing tables. The seafood was not fresh and had been cooked way too long. All in all we wouldn't go back.

2  Thank Wendywooster
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This pub is very pleasant. Lovely location by the river. Went there for lunch on a Friday on a lovely sunny day. It was extremely busy. But we were advised by the staff on arrival that there would be a wait for our meal. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. They all seemed to work very hard. We had a meal from the Lunch menu which was average. Would visit again but would probably try the main lunch time menu next time.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We visited The Bridge on Saturday 25th August at 6.30pm and we could not fault any thing at all.

We were greeted and shown to our table and asked what drinks we would like and then the staff took the order for the food.

The food was of a high quality for this type of establishment and could not be faulted.

The pub was busy and all I saw was the staff working in a very organised manner to serve all their customers in a fast efficient manner.

We have visited this pub on a number of occasions in recent years and have never had a bad meal.

All in all a great night out

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Arranged to meet some old work colleagues during lunch at the bridge as this is a popular venue we decided a late lunch when it was less full. We placed out orders, burgers and fish finger snadwich nothing too complicated, and waited over an hour for them, apparently they had forgotten us. One person had to take hers with her as she was now so late.

Sadly they did not forget the bill. the place is almost a victim of its own success and sadly the service is not what it should be.