“Best business plan ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Raza

La Raza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Raza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 683 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Best business plan ever!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Xmas dinner booked for a party of 30 at £33 each (inc service charge). Sat at a coffee table and ate around 3 bits of crusty bread and 2 olives. After telling the staff we were still hungry after our small amount of food we were told that if we wanted any more we would have to pay.
Pretty shocked at how we were treated and would not return. The owner / manager / Führer is sat on a gold mine, charge nearly a thousand pounds and provided £10 worth of food. A very good business plan. I can only imagine the presentation to the investors " ermm yes Theo and Duncan you heard it right, I charge a grand and just give them a crappy bit of bread worth a tenner ching ching " I for one wish I would have invested, im kicking myself now. Well done La Raza on your magnificent yet shrewd business skills. I applaud the way you have used the little known "crappy crusty bread" business plan.
Unfortunately for you I anticipate you will be returning my hard earned cash on this occasion .....

2 Thank Rugby81

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“What a let down!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food was of poor quality, not presented as the pictures attached. Some dishes did not come complete as per the menu. Will not be going back.

1 Thank Jon L
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We held our office party at La Raza each paying thirty pounds. The standard of the food we had was reasonable, but the quantities were exceedingly poor. The tapas which arrived on the table were only sufficient to have one each. Whilst the list of tapas available looks extensive, we all came away hungry and very disappointed. I did complain to a member of staff about the meagre portions and poor presentation but was told that enough food had come out of the kitchen for the number of people booked. All thirty members of our party will write a similar review advising people not to go to La Raza.
This was without doubt the most expensive christmas meal and the worst I have ever had.

1 Thank Andrea W
March, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful food for a Works Christmas Party”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I attended a Works Christmas Party Last night at La Raza. This is the first time that I have attended a Tapas Restaurant and I have to say that I will not be attending one again if that Is what I have to look forward to.
The Paella was undercooked and very greasy, The price was extreme for the amount of food that you get. The wine was awful.
The tables looked like plastic picnic tables and were very flimsy.
Do not recommend this establishment.

1 Thank Josie C
Bedford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst ever Christmas party”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Paid £32 per head for what must be the worst meal ever. I understand that Tapas comes in small quantities that are shared, and continue to come out over a period of time, but this was just appaling. One prawn each and a crostini each was a bit mean to say the least. Once you had left prawn shells on your plate they were not changed when turkey turned up as a Tapas !! followed by roast spuds some time later, some veg later again and then gravy in tea pots. . . .
This was a Christmas party for araond 30 professional people and not what could be considered as the usual, nobody in the party was satisfied with the evening.
The furniture was cheap and of the picnic variety.

1 Thank Roland K