“Good food at a price”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Carluccio's is ideally situated in the centre of cambridge and I'deal when you are going to a show at the corn exchange. The food is usually good as are the atmosphere and the staff but it is sometimes inconsistent. The first time we visited was for lunch and everything was excellent on the second occasion in the evening although the service and atmosphere were excellent the food was only average. Carluccio's is not cheap so you expect the standard to be high on all occasions but this is not always the case. Still overall it's still worth a visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff, while lovely, let this restaurant down - service is often pretty bad, verging on lousy.
We have waited for an eternity for food, bills, and when we came here for a small company christmas lunch they were unable to get even the smallest things right - having starters and wine on the table when we arrived, for instance, even though I requested this in person the day before. As we always go to Carluccio's with a young child in tow (including at the Christmas party - hence needing the food on the table asap!) this delay in service can be troublesome. They do respond well when problems are pointed out - complimentary coffee etc - which helps. But they could do with tightening up some of their processes, like service (and clearing away tables and getting people seated asap!!)
BUT the food is generally very good indeed. The pastries and desserts are awesome, and the cioccolata fiorentina is a must. They do nice kiddies packs to keep little ones entertained, and some of the staff are really lovely with kids (taking my 3 year old to the fridge to pick his own ice cream).
So, yes, I do recommend Carluccio's in Cambridge. The personality of the waiting staff, their kindness to my child and patience with him, plus the food being, on the whole, better than average, mean we will, and do, go back regularly.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

apart from the long wait for a table its a great place to stop for lunch and coffee. good service and central in Cambridge. recommend.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

When shopping in Cambridge I bumped into a friend. It was around lunchtime and we decided to have a light lunch together. There was a queue at Carluccios and of course we had not booked. My friend has a problem with her mobility and also had a hospital appointment at 2pm so we asked if we could sit outside - it wasn't that cold! However a delightfully helpful Irish waiter suggested we sat on a table by the window which I think was probably meant for customers drinking just a coffee. I was a bit concerned we would be forgotten - but our order was taken very quickly, the soup was delicious and lovely waiter was very attentive. My friend had not finished her fizzy water and wanted go take it with her, I asked if a top could be found for the bottle, nothing was too much trouble although the restaurant was really busy this was duly done and I stayed on for a coffee. Lovely treat!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have eaten at this branch of Carluccio's on several occasions, but sometimes left with a vague feeling of disappointment. However on a very busy lunchtime it was firing on all cylinders: the food was good (we only had plates of pasta, salad and wine) and the service was excellent. There was a real "buzz" about the place - perhaps it works best when it is busy?