“Italian Chain” 4 of 5 bubbles

Carluccios - Cambridge
Ranked #128 of 678 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Italian Chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I dont usually go to chain restraunts and always make an effort to go to a place where the owner is on site most of the time. Hoiwever I find that the service, altmosphere and general quality of the food here is good. The acoustics are bad however, it's a bit clattery and noisey for conversation. But overall very good for the UK

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Charlie B

Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Small portions but a good one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I used to go there for a coffee and my beloved lemon tart which i loved! Its a nice place for an afternoon coffee but not highly suggested for lunch/dinner as their portions are ridiculously small (and pricey). Worths trying though.

• Visited April 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have eaten here 20 or more times, with my children (even when they were dinky), with my friends, with my mother and romantically with my husband once or twice just grabbing an after dinner espresso and biscotti selection or just a thick pasta and bean soup and a large glass of red!

I am delighted that every time they have delivered friendly, authentic, fresh although not always fast service (the queues at lunch time and the weekends can be 30 minutes or more, but they give you that heads up, and a menu to salvate over on your arrival)

The kids are given a little pack including puzzles and pencils and a great little menu which always satisfies them! And the staff always talk directly to them and bring out their food quickly.

I try and explore the menu and am never disappointed! Today I had the fish salad which was delicious although the mussels where a tad wimpy, however, the plump prawns and squid made up for that slight shortfall!
The focaccia never disappoints and I would recommend the savoury bread tin and puglian olives which are so yummy! You can always ask to take them home :)

I always have the Valpolicella which is light and fruity!

Today we tried the Amalfi lemon sorbet (instead of the suggested cream) which was the perfect accompaniment to the rather generous portion of fresh fruit salad!

Followed by a fresh brew from the teapigs selection.... Overall delicious and a sound choice after all we are a little spoilt in Cambridge :))

Oxford
“Still good, but slipping slightly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ate here with our young family. Have always appreciated Carluccio's kid-friendly approach in the past and it was still good here. The adults' food however was not prepared with the usual care and had to be returned. I have to say that the staff were very keen to help and all was resolved. But would have been better to get it right first time. Not bad enough to stop us going again, but they need to try just a little harder. I have to say that our French waiter was very keen to help. ( I think he saw that I was using my phone and probably thought I was writing a review on Tripadvisor. I wasn't, but am now...)

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Just as we had expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Searched out the restaurant during an overnight stay in the city. It was everything that we expected. A buzzing, warm atmosphere; friendly relaxed staff and yummy food. Didn't sit down until 9.15pm but didn't feel that we had to rush. Would be lovely for lunch. The Carluccio brand is a real winner, and the deli/shop at the front is well worth a good look around.