“lovely Thai restaurant at the end of green street, Cambridge”
Review of Bangkok City - CLOSED

Bangkok City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bangkok City Thai restaurant is a family run business. We have been trading for 21 years. We are secluded in green street surrounded by the Universities of cambridge. We serve traditional authentic Thai food. Thank you Bkc team
Reviewed November 19, 2013

this offers good lunch specials and that allows you to have an appetizer and a main course for under £10. I was verry happy about that! allow having a thai curry on cold winter days is warming!
overall prices were reasonable and the service was good and prompt!

There are newer reviews for Bangkok City

Reviewed November 2, 2013

As a Thai who cooks, I am particularly fussy when it comes to Thai food. I did not expect a Thai restaurant in the UK to be authentic, but Bangkok City really left me disappointed. They may be able to fool some foreigners, but they cannot fool me. The taste was so out of balance that I believed they have non-Thai chefs working there. The spicy beef salad seems to be made from ready-made, bottled spicy-salad sauce and tasted nothing like the original; the tom yum did not feel fresh; and the stir-fried dishes are too oily. To make it worse, they charged us extra for dipping sauces for our starters (which weren't that fresh or tasty, btw) not to mention the bad ventilation in the restaurant which makes your clothes smell. I am NOT going back there again, unless they change the chefs and improve their service. There are much better Thai restaurants in Cambridge.

1  Thank crimsondip
Ugur-saffer, Owner at Bangkok City, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hi there

Firstly i would like to thank you for dinning at Bangkok City Thai

Thank you for your comments and feed back i look at all this as a learning point to make things more better and try for perfection.

I would like to start by saying that all our chefs are Thai!
we are 20 years established and grow stronger with your comments! We can't please everyone and Thai food isn't the same everyday people pick and fuss over Thai food and make us change things, like not too spicy please. Don't add this and don't add that. So much change and different cooking methods have been put into catering for all our customers needs. I get so angry when humans to forget to mention things specifically to accommodate the taste. customers don't bother complaining in the Restaurant but rather complain on and in the media!
I think this is a advantage for us because then we can change and adapt to what customers what.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I haven't had the opportunity to visit this charming restaurant for many years and was taken there on Sunday evening by an old friend as their guest. Good service on the whole although we did have to ask a couple of times for some water. The food was delicious but would have been far better had they bothered to warm the plates. How hard can it be to serve hot food on hot plates? Surely that's basic? Thought it was a little odd that they had run out of jasmine tea. Obviously the stock keeping isn't what it should be. Apart from these little irritations it was an enjoyable experience, but they do need to address the attention to detail.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am a longstanding customer of Bangkok City. I always come to this restaurant whenever I crave for a Thai food. There are too many reasons to love this cute little place: generous serving size, great taste, value for money and great location. Please keep the lunch and dinner deals forever...

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The waiter was brilliant, really helpful and friendly. The food was simple, tasty and quick to be served. What's not to be liked? We did go on a Sunday evening and the restaurant wasn't busy which may explain the speed, but I'd definitely go again.