“Tasty food :)”
Review of Bangkok City - CLOSED

Bangkok City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bangkok City Thai restaurant is a family run business. We have been trading for 21 years. We are secluded in green street surrounded by the Universities of cambridge. We serve traditional authentic Thai food. Thank you Bkc team
“Tasty food :)”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We arrived for for our 7.30pm reservation, 20 mins early and whilst the place was busy we were seated at a really nice table straight away. Food was of a very good standard, full of flavour and reasonably priced too. The hot beef salad as a starter, definately gave my partner food envy.

• Visited February 2013

“Nice little place”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went here the other night and found it was a really friendly, well run place with charming service. Generous portions and ok prices for central Cambridge. Will definitely return!

• Visited January 2013
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Exquisite and sophisticated”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have read a few of the denunciatory reviews and disagree with all of them .
I went with a companion in December 2012 and had one of the most delightful culinary experiences of my life
For starters I enjoyed seafood soup with lemongrass with a side of corn fritters
I ate slowly which is most unusual for me as I savoured every mouthful revelling in the flavours and natural, well selected ingredients of the soup
Main dish ,my favourite ...very spicy thai curry (both chicken and beef for me ..yes I like my food :))egg fried rice ..delightful
Shortfall ..not enough desserts on menu..where were the lycees ,and the mango Was also hoping for a couple of exotic surprises.Can I bring the sensational polite affable,nothing is too much trouble waiter home next time ?pretty please

• Visited December 2012
“Our overall experience here was horrible!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We came for an early evening meal here, and found it a most unenjoyable experience. The tables were basic and bare, the lighting stark, and the overall atmosphere was unrelaxing. The food was of poor quality and unappetising - one dish so much so that we could not even bear to eat any of it and sent it back to the kitchen. To give the staff credit, they exchanged that dish for another, for no extra charge, but the total bill was still very high for such a bad meal, and we are unlikely to return.

1 Thank jcamb
“Messed up reservation”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Made a reservation for 3 at 6.15pm for 7.15pm. Arrived at restaurant to be told reservation was for 6.30pm and in our absence, our place was offered to someone else.

Allegedly a big group were expected so they couldn't accommodate us.

How does one mess up a reservation???

• Visited November 2012