Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com$78
Expedia.com$78
ZenHotels.com$95
1,322 results
All reviews train station taxi rank the ground floor ironing room travelling by train cafe bar rooms are small comfortable bed reception area first floor clean hotel decent size car park convenient location short stay nice breakfast weekend break
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2019

We stayed here from Thursday to Monday. Hotel is modern, clean and the rooms well designed to make good use of the space. We slept well as the hotel is quiet and the bed comfortable. The buffet breakfast is excellent, good choice, frequently replenished by very helpful staff. Highly recommend this hotel. About a twenty minute walk into the centre of Cambridge.

Date of stay: August 2019
FrankB4693, General Manager at ibis Cambridge Central Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear Sandra N,

Thank you for rating us with the highest score! Also thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so happy to know you like the hotel's design and decoration, as well as our breakfast buffet. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will motivate them. About the location, you are right! it is close to the city center and even closer to the train station .We hope you can come back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2019

Although, moderately basic, it is comfortable, tidy and clean. I suppose it is the area, but a little on the pricey side in my opinion for what you get. It is ideally located for the Station and in my case to the office Frequently visit.
I would certainly recommend it.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Mgm1968,

Thank you for rating us with 4 stars! Also thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so happy to know you like the hotel's decoration and cleanliness. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback even more when our guests say they would recommend us. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will motivate them. We hope you can come back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2019

Stayed here for a night when attending a meeting in Cambridge. I visit Cambridge about 4 times a year and will use this hotel again. Adjacent to the main station and also main taxi rank, I found this contemporary hotel to be ideal for a quiet night stay. Staff are really welcoming and helpful without being fussy or obtrusive. My room had a large comfortable double bed (see photo of leaflet/flyer which shows and describes the room and bed well) with a spacious modern en-suite shower. Wi-Fi is fast and free and there was a good size flat screen TV and reasonable range of channels. The room has full blackout curtains. Plentiful tea and coffee making facilities. I booked bed and breakfast, but also elected to eat supper in the ground floor cafe/pizzeria. ( see photo of menu which was in my room). I had a lentil and chickpea curry with rice off the specials board which was tasty. Breakfast is served on the first floor in a large, light and airy room overlooking the square outside the station. I thought breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of buffet help-yourself food that was all fresh and plentiful - continental and cooked.

This is an ideal place if you are looking for an overnight stay with a quiet and comfortable room without fuss combined with a decent breakfast - all at a fair price. Certainly good for a business trip.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Ian M
FrankB4693, General Manager at ibis Cambridge Central Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Dear Ian M,

We deeply appreciate the time and dedication you put in such a detailed and positive feedback. To achieve this kind of feedback fills up with joy and motivation to keep offering our services every day. We are thrilled to know you liked so many aspects of our hotel and the way you describe them, makes us feel we are going through the right path. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will motivate them. We hope you can come back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2019

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Location in the City next to the train station and in a nice square with a few cafés and a Sainsbury's. Nice trendy clean hotel with lovely staff and has air conditioning. A good walk from the shops/colleges etc, but lots of taxis right outside. Had a pizza & beer deal for £10 from the hotel and it was delicious. Found the bed and pillows too firm and didn't sleep well. The bathroom door is pull/push shut (not a push down handle) so would wake another person in the night as would the light as the door is large and opens into the room. Quite expensive (no breakfast) but school holidays and limited availability so all hotels in Cambridge are equally expensive.

Date of stay: July 2019

Dear Deborah C,

Thank you for rating us and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so happy to know you like the hotel's location, staff and cleanliness. Regarding the pillows, we are sorry to hear they were not comfortable for you. We wish you've told us during your stay since we offer softer pillows for guests that prefer them. We are sorry your stay at the hotel did not meet your overall expectations. We hope you can come back and give us a second chance to impress you.