“Me and my sister” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avimore Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Avimore Guest House
Ranked #66 of 129 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Me and my sister”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

On 5/9/2011 me (Charalambos) and my sister (Aggela) travel from Cyprus to Cambridge to attend an appointment in Addenbrooke Hospital. My sister had cancer and she was going to have some examinations before her third operation. We stay in Avimore Guest House for four days, fly back home and again back to Cambridge for second time on 4/10/2011. My sister had her third operation in Addenbrooke Hospital and everything went perfect. At that time we stay in Avimore Guest House for two weeks, fly back home and again back to Cambridge for third time on 22/11/2011 for the follow up. The third time we stay in Avimore Guest House for one week. Hospitality, kindness, and care is what we find in Avimore from Mr. Peter (owner). During those difficult days he make us feel like home. I certainly recommend Avimore Guest House to anyone who like to visit Cambridge.

Charalambos Charalambous

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Charalambos C

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

I was in Cambridge to cover the folk festival and discovered this excellent B&B totally by chance. I will definitely be back. Convenient for the music festival, but also buses and stations if you come at other times of the year and with plenty of off road parking, the Avimore really is a home from home and it comes with a great cooked breakfast of local produce.
Pete, the owner, can't seem to do enough for you and is a genuinely jovial host. The room was a decent size and the breakfast room a great place to meet other guests.
One fantastic surprise in this modern age is the number of sockets in the room. I could power all the kit and needed and still have a socket spare to make coffee.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Neilfatea
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

My stay here was a very enjoyable experience and would certainly recommend it to anyone considering a short stay in or around Cambridge.Pete the owner went out of his way to provide an excellent service and nothing was too much trouble .The guest house is very conveniently situated near to the city centre and a pub that serves hot meals at very competitive prices.All in all the Avimore Guest House offered very good value for money and will certainly return there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

Avimore Guest House 310 Cherry Hinton CB1 7AU
Peter has 15 rooms and all of us this weekend were staying for the Cambridge Folk Festival
I’m staying here with my husband for the Cambridge Folk festival, this place is just a short walk from the festival and very convenient. Pete is a great host. Breakfast is an experience; you get introduced to all the other guests if it’s your first stay! There is everything you need, and if there isn’t you just ask and Pete will provide. I picked fresh blackberries from the garden as part of my breakfast . If you want to eat in the evening, Pete’s fine about you using the breakfast room- just clean up after yourself when you finish. Pete is still doing the place up- he’s only been here three years. There is Wi-Fi access.Flat screen tv with 52 channels- I didn't actually watch the tv though. A garden to sit in We had room 11- double bed with a powerful shower and toilet en suite. I don’t think it has it’s own web site but try this link http://www.cambridgebandb.co.uk/
Our room was at the back of the house, so no traffic noise.
Very relaxed friendly atmosphere
What to bring, face flannel, & own toiletries

I never say 'yes' to recommend because it's up to you to do your own reseach and we all have different needs

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank faerie
Hants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

We recently returned from a stay at the Avimore Guest House and wouldn't hesitate in returning there. The couple that ran it were friendly and welcoming throughout our stay and nothing was too much trouble for them. The Guest house is child friendly and my 2 yr old son was made to feel at home.

The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent especially the full english! The room was very reasonably priced and would definitely choose the Avimore over a 4 star hotel on our next visit to Cambridge. Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

• Liked — Friendly staff and excellent breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LalHants
norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2008

I recently had to stay in Cambridge at short notice & found the Avimore Guest House. This has recently been taken over by Mr P Warwick. My room was very clean, warm & bed really comfortable. The breakfast was also really good with products from local butchers being used. Mr Warwick is really organised & very hands on running this guest house & really put himself out to make my stay enjoyable. The guest house is situated about 10-15 minutes walk from Addenbrookes & there was also parking available

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — couldnt fault anything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo