“Just a great restaurant”

Eat Thai - High Wycombe
Ranked #9 of 235 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Eat Thai, we are passionate about serving top quality Thai food, both authentic royal recipes and unique dishes created by our head chef. We believe eating well to be a fundamental ingredient to living well and that the former can be achieved by combining the finest produce with our chefs' knowledge and skills. Above all, we hope to provide you with a memorable experience of culinary pleasure and delight.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We live 8 miles from High Wycombe and found this restaurant 5-6 years ago. Its definitely our treat to ourselves. We absolutely adore thai food, and i can say this is the closest that i have ever come to real thai food outside of thailand. We maybe go 5/6 times a year, sometimes just the two of us, sometimes with the kids and it never disappoints.

I would say that it is expensive, is London prices, but the food is worth it. The soups are well overpriced, but i really struggle to fault this wonderful restaurant. We have got to know Egg and the team pretty well, and sometimes when i get home from work on a Friday, and fancy Thai rather than the usual curry takeaway, i can generally make a call, and they will always squeeze us in.
Great food, great service, expensive - yes, but you certainly wont be disappointed.

1  Thank Bully2112

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Conveniently situated close to High Wycombe town centre, this restaurant has an extensive menu of high quality Thai cuisine. Set in a lovely building, and with excellent decor it is somewhere that Thai food lovers will enjoy. My wife and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary here. I really enjoyed my hot and spicy soup starter and equally spicy chicken curry. My wife enjoyed her king prawn starter but her Green Thai curry was a bit wishy washy (OK for those who avoid spicy food). Our overall experience was very good.

1  Thank AlnLes
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is one of those places we tend not to visit too regularly purely because when we go to eat we don't want to have to be careful what we choose as we don't want to break the bank. For two people to have a couple of pre-dinner drinks, bottle of wine, starters and mains you are looking at an easy £80 - £100. That said I think it is more than worth it. Delicious food, with so many flavours and the presentation is fantastic. The staff are so smiley and friendly we always get a warm welcome even though we may visit twice a year at most. I don't tend to eat fish often only because I am a big meat eater, however, fish is a must at Eat Thai. The steam cooking of fish with a blend of lemongrass, chilli and other spices leaves the fish so delicately flavoured and it really does melt. To sum up, pricey but well worth it!

1  Thank Dave K
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Booked following trip advisor reviews. Food excellent if expensive. Wine very expensive.

Be careful though and insist on a table in the front main room. We were shown to a corridor room between the kitchen and the main dining room. No atmosphere compared to the main room.
Asked to change but refused. Pity as the front room looked good..

3  Thank Bagsandscarper
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This is going to be a ahort but sweet review. I simply can't fault my experience at this resturant. I loved the staff, and they were very helpful... I told them what I felt like and they recommended me a meal which ticked every box and blew me away (I nearly went back the next day to get it again!)

Everything about this resturant was 5*. I don't live in High Wycombe but I wish they had a Eat Thai in Leeds!