“Good value.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 19 High Wycombe B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were attending a wedding and left it rather late to book anywhere. This was cheap. It was not the most beautiful of places and the room decor was rather dated but it was fine for one night. The staff were very pleasant and the breakfast in the small updated dining room was cooked especially for us. There were other guests who obviously found it as convenient as we did.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

So I have just arrived back home from three days away at the Buckingham hotel, I actually stayed in the annex location which is a couple of minutes down the road from the main hotel where you check in and check out.
I was wary having read various negative reviews here and on booking.com, nevertheless, I trusted my gut instinct, and am glad I did.
Upon arriving on Wednesday early evening, I was greeted by a lovely chap on the front desk, I asked his name but have forgotten,polite and approachable Asian man.
I had booked a single room in the annex, and *yes* it is small, however, it is comfortable and pretty modern, no flat screen, though sure flat screens in other hotel rooms here.
I did not try the breakfast, preferring to eat out, and did not drink in the bar at the main hotel, again, preferring to buy my drinks.
The bathroom was decent, and the shower had a lot of hot running water unlike some locations which seem to set their showers to run out of hot after only three minutes.
I have a very very distant relative who has moved to High Wycombe, so this was in part why I visited,did not stay with them as they do not have the space, that aside,I will be going back very soon.
I really do not understand a lot of the negativity about the Buckingham, sure, all subjective, but...it does what it says on the tin.

Next time, I will book a double room as the single is rather small, and will next time around chill out in the main hotel visitor section a lot more, sky tv and a relaxed vibe.
Eden shopping center is only 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel and enjoyed visiting the various shops with my relative before stopping for bite to eat.
This hotel is on a busy road, but..well...it is what it is.
Great links to both train station and bus station, what is there not too like, also a lil pub called the White Horse..I did not go in there, but seems to be pretty lively on a Friday night for those into such vibes.

You want the Hilton?
Go there;-)
You want a decent, brilliantly priced hotel with friendly staff who are there to answer questions, then book this hotel.

High Wycombe is a lovely location and am happy I have found this lil gem of a get away;-)

On checking out, the same chap and his colleague, another Asian chap, sorry really bad with names, were really nice,the guests I bumped into too were friendly.

Not much else left to say, apart from,I think some like to leave bad reviews for the sake of it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Retro C
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I am on an extended work trip in High Wycombe, and have suffered almost every hotel and guest house available. These apartments have saved me, they are spacious, comfy and nicely equipped to allow you to live and not just exist.

A nice big bathroom, double bedroom and kitchen/ diner/ living room. It's excellent value.

Free parking and free fast wifi make this place a great choice for a business traveller who wants more than a bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank griangraf2001
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Rooms were as expected for the price however, breakfast was enjoyable. The problems came after the stay when 2 of the 5 colleges in the UK on business were double billed for our four night stay. The hotel is claiming one of us didn't pay so they billed two others several weeks after we left. All calls to the Hotel have met with comments that the manager is not in or away on holidays. They are refusing to refund the extra billings. Not somewhere I would recommend staying unless you pay cash. Use a credit card at your own risk.

Room Tip: They are pretty much all the same but stay away from the room at the bottom of the stairs which is a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Marlow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of July, so my review is based on that.
ce!
It's a 20 minute walk from town or a £5 taxi ride. It's nice when you walk in, money has obviously been spent on the reception area. They guy working there was very friendly.

The room I had was a single and was really basic. It did have a TV and a kettle though, what it didn't have was air con. It was extremely hot outside so I didn't get a great nights sleep. Twice! On the last morning the toilet broke and wouldn't flush.

The breakfast was brilliant and I would recommend you to spend the extra money and start your day on a full stomach.

With the breakfast the room rate was £50 a night, which I think is a little bit too much. But hey, it was the Olympics and I was staying within an hour of London so I guess that may have had something to do with it.

Contractors used the hotel so don't expect a nice lie in!!

I hope my review helped, have a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here whilst working in Reading, the rooms are good with ensuite as standard , they were clean and had free wifi which was one of the must haves.

The room was not in the place shown in their website , the website pairs the place a little too grand , that said its not bad and I would stay again if needed, I paid 45 per night which to be honest is a bit too much but was the cheapest I could find .

The pics that others have shown are accurate.

• Stayed June 2012
skookumchuck
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I needed a place for 2 nights while travelling on the Chiltern Line around High Wycombe area.
I stayed in the annex, 4 minutes walk from main hotel. Its more like a rooming house. Small room/bath, but comfortable and clean, 10 minutes walk downtown, 5 more to train station.
best deal I could find during Olympic insanity,