“21ST BIRTHDAY PARTY”

Premier Inn High Wycombe Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in High Wycombe
Reviewed February 11, 2013

we picked this hotel as it was convenient to the party location. Its a very clean and pleasant hotel . The staff are very efficient and freindly. The breakfast was very good and the check out time of 12.00 midday is lovely. parking was only £1.50 which these days is more than reasonable. We will stay here again as it is the family home town and makes visiting them a lot easier. Price was great as we booked early on line £19.00.

Room Tip: we were in 131 which is at the end near the road. As it appears to be quadruple glazed there was no...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn High Wycombe Central Hotel

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Can't recommend this hotel highly enough! It is a lovely hotel in a central location. Rooms are lovely and comfortable. A new hotel built about a year ago still looks like new. Everywhere clean, modern and fresh. Staff nice and friendly. Breakfast in the restaurant is also highly recommended. Can't wait to return!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Premier Inn is ideal for High Wycombe town centre. The staff were very good, including Carl on Reception, and the room is standard fare. For some reason, most of the Freeview channels are missing, and I really think it's time they stopped charging for wi-fi.

Heres a suggestion for Whitbread (the owners) - Get rid of the Carex foamy soap dispensers to the hand basins, as they're rubbish and usually don't work. The liquid soap dispensers over the bath are much better.

And while we're at it, I'm not going to steal your toilet rolls, and to install single sheet dispensers in bathrooms is a cheap trick which insults most of your regular clientele.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wroughtironron
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Arrived on a Sunday night, after a fairly stressful day and was met by bliss - in the shape of Peter who was on reception, he booked us in swiftly and helped us with all the luggage to the room and was polite, friendly and professional at all times - even brought us extra towels on request.
Went down to the bar for a well earned drink and was met by cheerful bar staff that went out of their way to cheer us up - wine was lovely too. Ordered dinner with a friendly female waitress and sat in lovely surroundings enjoying our meal. One small gripe here, the vegetarian Pasta with peppers was swimming in oil which I asked them to drain - which was done with a smile.
(hint: pesto would really bring this dish alive)

Had a lovely soak in a deep bath and slept like a log, even though a railway line was just outside the window, we heard nothing. We were down for breakfast with 5 mins to go - but this was not a problem and we still had all the choice available.
We were having problems arranging a hire car the next day, but Peter arranged for us to keep the room until 2 pm. All the staff we met deserve a pat on the back for their gold star customer service or maybe a Cinema gift voucher ! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

my room was on the top floor and by the main railway line. However, the room was soundproofed and I did not hear as much a wheel screeching! the room was spotless and functional with comfortable furniture and a great hot shower. Staff were friendly and efficient without being overbearing. I paid a mere £19 for my room. Great value for money. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not above the restaurant or near the lift lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My room was one of those rooms made from the scraps of the building and get the impression it was meant to be a broom cupboard. The design of it meant that if I was in bed and my wife opened the door everyone walking past would see me.

Room was nice and tidy all in order there. The pillows they boast so much about with the option of soft and firm all felt the same. The bed gave me a bad back on both nights because it was firm.

The bath in the bathroom had pubic hair and looked as though someone had a trim. Not sure how this was missed when cleaning the room. I just ran the tap because im lazy and cant be bothered with complaining. My response to those who say why is simple - Were in a recession and everyone if fighting to survive. If your not happy with the service others will offer it. Not shopping with them again is the best way to deal with it.

Would have taken them up on their good night guarantee but would only have had to of spent another night in that Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
karin h, General Manager at Premier Inn High Wycombe Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback on you stay at High Wycombe Central Premier Inn. I am very sorry to hear that during your stay you experienced issues with your room. I will of course communicate this with Housekeeping team as this is not the level of service we pride ourself in at Premier Inn .
Our team are here 24 hours a day and would have dealt with any issues immediately if we are made aware.
If you would like to contact me to discuss Ithis I would be happy for you to do so.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we value the views and opinions of all our Guests.

I hope this does not deter you from using Premier Inn again in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at the Premier Inn High Wickham Central In January 2013 for 3 nights. I can’t praise the hotel enough. We had a great stay. All the reception staff was very friendly, cheerful, welcoming, approachable and helpful. The room was very clean, warm, spacious and well designed. The beds were comfortable. The hairdryer was quite impressive. I wish my hair dryer at home would blows like that! Although the room was facing a fairly busy road you did not hear any noise at all from the traffic as the windows are triple glazed. The room was cleaned every day to a high standard. The hotel is only about a 3 minutes’ walk away from the main shopping area, pubs and so on, so it is very conveniently situated. Sainsbury’s is straight next door, which is great if you need to quickly nip out to get something Recommend booking well in advance. We paid about £19.00 for the room per night, which is amazing value and very hard to beat. It was an overall very positive experience staying at this hotel and we will certainly be happy to come back if staying in High Wickham again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
karin h, General Manager at Premier Inn High Wycombe Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay at High Wycombe central Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that yoy had a Great stay and that you found us value for money. I hope that you may continue the great customer service our team strive to achieve always.

We look forward in welcoming you back to High Wycombe Central again in the future.