“The Junction made my day extra special”

The Junction Pub and Kitchen
Ranked #47 of 235 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I first went to The Junction for Boxing Day last year, to save me from cooking and washing up! Their 4 course menu was out of this world and the atmosphere was great - i'm looking forward to doing the same this year! More recently my daughter organised a surprise ruby wedding party for me, with 20 friends and family. The table was beautifully decorated with table sprinkles and balloons - it was such a wonderful surprise. We all had a 3 course meal - I had a terrine, followed by roast lamb and a sticky toffee pudding. The food all arrived together and hot, which was great as we were all eating together and was very high quality. Last week i had my 60th birthday party there. I had portabello mushrooms filled with goats cheese, followed by duck breast - one of the best meals i have ever eaten and it really made my day extra special. The staff were very attentive and we never ran out of drinks. We returned 2 days later for my sisters birthday and had their 3 course Sunday roast - such good value for money. The portion size is just right and i left feeling full, rather than bloated! If you want a quiet evening meal, a quality sunday lunch without the hassle of cooking or a meal for a special family occasion - The Junction is the place to go. Great atmosphere, food of exceptional quality and staff that go the extra mile.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been to The Junction several times now and have never been disappointed. The landlord is extremely welcoming and helpful. Recently he helped me organise a surprise meal for my parents wedding anniversary - a 3 course meal for 20 people. All the food came out together and hot, something quite difficult to achieve. Last week i had a table of 10 for another family occasion and again the food quality was exceptional. I had camembert with onion relish and a homemade burger, which was outstanding. As was the duck breast and pork belly, which most of my family had. It was so good we returned 2 days later for Sunday dinner - 3 courses for £15 - an absolute bargain for food of that quality. I had prawn cocktail, roast beef with all the trimmings and a white chocolate cheesecake. The menu has changed recently to a smaller number of main courses, but still a wide variety to choose from and all of an extremely high quality. There are daily specials on the blackboard as well. The pub also stocks Rebellion beer from the local brewery - which i highly recommend. The atmosphere is always very nice and its modern interior is very different to most pubs in High Wycombe - classy but welcoming. All in all, the best food and drink in Wycombe by a mile......definately won't eat anywhere else again!

1  Thank paulalouiselee
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was looking for a new place to try out. This looked like a posh place and not for my wallet, but I still decided to try it out. I'm usually not a pub's person, but this place is nicely done up. Comfortable and cozy environment. Its not like one of those posh restaurants that you walk into and feel uncomfortable because everything is done to perfection. I had a veggie burger. And it was amazing! Probably the best veg burger I had. From my perspective the portions are normal and the prices are adequate to them. The staff was very welcoming. It was a pleasant and relaxing stay.

Worth visiting!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went there with my friends for a meal as have heard a lot about the Junction and its food.
I must say that people wont talk so much if it was not good. I had a lovely time with my friends and must say that the food is fantastic.
I had a pork belly which came with a nice crackling. My friend had pan fried duck breast which was cooked to her liking, other friend had whole sea bass which was lovely too. Must say it is a classy establishment for Wycombe. I will definitely go again.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Reasonable selection of menu......reasonably priced for an average gastro pub
We selected the Lamb Shank and the Pork Loin. The Lamb was clearly cooked a few days before, left in the fridge, rehated very dry - no sign of the Kumquet and anaise - Pork cracking was very soft....suspect reheated in micro. both main courses well presented but came with the same sauce! We went as it was no 4 on this site.......Very over-rated. Went on a Friday night.....only saw another 4 meals served. Wish the owners good luck, but need to increase / maintain standards set of other diners.......