“Very handy for Thorpe Park”

Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Wycombe
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Loved the pancake making machine at breakfast!! Very popular with the children and a change if you didn't want a Full English. Saying that Full English breakfast was great!! Rooms very comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly, helpful and keen to please. Good value stay. Would use the hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you Catherine L for you comments on your stay us recently. It was great to read that we met your expectations not only on cleanliness of the bedroom and friendliness of the Hotel Team but also how much you loved our breakfast especially the pancake machine.

I hope to welcome you soon in High Wycombe

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is our third stay at this hotel and we find it a convenient stop on the way to Dover. Another excellent stay with a good room and an excellent breakfast. We had to wait a while for somebody to appear at reception on arrival, but the staff at breakfast were friendly and attentive. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor reviewer, thank you for your honest feedback on your third stay at Holiday Inn High Wycombe. I hope that your journey down to Dover was pleasant? I have passed on your comments to the Hotel Team as well as looking into why you waited a while for check-in.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Husband and I were on a coach tour, and stopped here for one night.
The hotel was beautifully clean, and the room had everything in it that you could possibly need. We were very pleasantly surprised how good it was. The meals were nicely cooked, and staff who served us were friendly and helpful. May go again ourselves, and have a longer time in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

It was great to read your positive feedback on your recent tour stop over at Holiday Inn. I have passed on your comments to Housekeeping on how clean you found the hotel and bedroom. You should definitely come back for a weekend break as there is so much in the area with visiting Marlow and Henley-on-Thames.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to High Wycombe

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Arrived here around 11am en route to Wembley. We explained to the girl on reception that we'd arrived early and realised we wouldn't be able to check in. On the contrary, she told us she would see what she could do and promptly checked us into our three rooms. The rooms were immaculate, every member of staff we met, particularly the chamber maids and receptionists were cheerful, friendly and polite and couldn't do enough for us. The reception and bar area were comfortable and welcoming. We didn't eat here but what we did experience was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear HappiholzLancashire, thank for the review on Tripadvisor from your recent stay with us. I hope the football match was good at Wembley and that your Team won. We always try our best with early check-in requests and I am glad that on this occasion we could meet this. I have passed onto the Team in Housekeeping and Reception your comments about how clean the hotel was and their friendliness.

Thank you again for your honest feedback and I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here as part of a 2 day Legoland deal. As stated its about a 30-40 min drive to the hotel which is probably on anyone's limit however we got a good deal.
Hotel is clean and feels quite updated. Speedy check in and kids got a pack which they loved.
Room was of an average size however the sofa bed was uncomfortable. I couldn't have slept on there - that was down to the kids. Big TV, bottled water and a mini bar! This proved handy to keep our spare sandwiches chilled over night. Bathroom nice and clean with a good shower.
Lovely touch for my girls was the milk and cookies ... Totally unexpected.
Only problem with the room was the noisy air con unit... And the put me up bed. Main bed comfy if not a bit small.
Breakfast in the morning was great. Loads of choice - my girls loved the auto pancake maker.
All in all really pleasantly surprised. Well done H.I

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear travelmonsteroblivio, thank you for your feedback when staying with us whilst visiting Legoland. I have passed on your great feedback to the Team in Housekeeping on cleanliness of bedroom and bathroom as well the Breakfast Team, the pancake machine is certainly a big hit with everybody. The sofa beds are designed only for children up to the age of 12 years old and I will look into why this one was not comfortable. We have been replacing the sofa beds throughout the year along with changing the mattresses from spring to foam to enhance the comfort. Again thank you for the review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband booked this hotel for my friend & myself as near to our destination of Stonor Park for the Chilterns Craft Fair. It seemed to be the only one with twin rooms available and as my husband uses Holiday Inns regularly he thought we would have an enjoyable stay. How right he was. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet and the staff friendly and extremely helpful even printing me details of how to get to Stonor Park. We couldn't have asked for more. The restaurant menu was appealing although we didnt eat there. We would definitely stay again if in this part of the country. Only one fault we didnt see any sign for the hotel or turn off until it was too late as we were in the wrong lane on a busy rounabout and we headed for High Wycombe and had to turn round. Serves us women right for not using the sat nav,

Room Tip: We had 128 and it was facing onto a lovely quadrangle away from the motorway so very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you so much in taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor from your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn. It was great to read that you had a wonderful stay and that all the Team and facilities that your husband talks about where delivered. I have looked at the sign on the hill as you approach the hotel and you are right this sign is being obscured by trees. This is something that I will ask our landscaped gardeners to look at.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to High Wycombe.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here one night whilst visiting legoland. Very friendly staff, good sized family room highly recommend - a little bit of a drive from legoland but worth it. We ate in restaurant food was also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your family break to Legoland. I was pleased to read that you all enjoyed your stay with us in High Wycombe. The Holiday Inn is located on the M40, 18.5 miles from Legoland Windsor, I find that the 25 minute journey helps to calm the children down after such an exciting day before reaching the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back soon to High Wycombe.

Also consider these accommodations in or near High Wycombe
#4 of 14 in High Wycombe
Abbey Lodge Hotel
Abbey Lodge Hotel
#10 of 14 in High Wycombe

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!