“Lovely Stay”

Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Wycombe
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent a night here on a rugby 'tour' of Adams Park and Twickenham last week-end. We were pleasantly surprised on arrival and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. For rugby fans, an added bonus was the free Park and Ride right across the road which brought us to Adams Park. The hotel was very comfortable, the rate very good, the staff friendly and efficient and the breakfast deserves the award: delicious; varied and plentiful. Thanks to all for making our stay so pleasant, we would definitely return. And, as an added bonus, our team won!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank colettecrossey
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad that you had a great stay with us and that our new breakfast continues to be a big hit. I will pass your thanks onto the hotel Team.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for just one night on a visit to the rugby ground, the hotel is located very conveinetly next to the M40, and is attached to a cinema complex with a Frankie and Benny’s which I would avoid, however the staff were very friendly and the room rate was amazing and included breakfast.
We had an executive room which was the same as all the others except for bigger TV, safe and a few other extras, not convinced it was worth the extra.
As with all Holiday Inns you get choices of pillows with an amply stocked tea coffee, and bathroom products, yes the hotel could maybe do with a bit of an update, but it did not stop us enjoying our stay.
The room is a good size and the bed was comfortable
This hotel was also one of the few who recognise Priority Club members hallelujah.
It also has its own Starbucks at the bar which is a nice touch, the breakfast is very good, possibly one of the best for Holiday Inn, not quite convinced about the pancake machine it was a bit tiny.
Overall a good hotel and would recommend

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prs54fmpu
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Hotel. I hope you enjoyed the game at Adams Park, I believe that London Wasps lost. I have shared your great feedback with the Team. I see that you are not a fan of the new pancake machine for breakfast, I hope you tried them any way as they taste great.

I look forward to your next stay at High Wycombe

Thanks

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Myself and my other half stayed here on the 6th April as we were attending a wedding nearby.

The hotel itself is right next to the M40 but I could not hear any traffic or noise from my room and there were large sliding wooden panels/doors to create a full black out in the room.

The room itself although not very big did the job perfectly well. It was very clean and comfy and had everything we needed.

The reception staff were very friendly as were all the other staff. I cannot comment on the breakfast as due to my fuzzy head I could not stomach it!

Overall a very good location for anywhere in Bucks and easy to get into Central London with it being only 20 odd miles away straight down the M40.

would reccoment this place to others and will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mikeyr1234

It was great to read your comments about your recent stay with us and I have passed these onto the Hotel Team. It was a shame that you did not feel up to taking breakfast, may be next time.

Look forward to your next visit.

Many thanks

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and had a pleasant time. The breakfast was extensive and one if the better spreads I have experienced at chain hotels. The staff were very welcoming. The room was basic and clean and provided a relaxing environment.

1  Thank PJKBuck

Thank you so much for your review. It was great to read how fantastic the breakfast experience was. Holiday Inn has won another award for the breakfast which now includes a very popular pancake machine that both children and adults love.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hotel.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here after attending a wedding at an expensive venue in the Marlow area. It was my second stay at a Holiday Inn chain within a month and this was a good and well-maintained property. I arrived shortly before ten in the evening and found that my late-arrival notification was duly on the computer and therefore check-in was friendly and easy. Although it was quite a distance to my room I was pleased to be thus located, overlooking a quadrangle and well away from any source of noise. I noticed that my window was open when I arrived to air the room and was surprised to find the grab rail on the window to be sticky to the touch because everything else about the place was clean and pleasant. There were good quality toiletries and complimentary nick-nacks in the bathroom, a well stocked beverage tray and the breakfast next morning had a wide range of cooked choices including a choice of eggs, mushrooms, hash-browns, bacon etc. Also a deliciously fresh fruit salad. The breakfast area was clean and well serviced.

The card to access my room took a little getting used to because it seemed to faulter in allowing access but the whole place gave a sense of cleanliness and security.

Good; worth every penny.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Dubris, thank you for taking the time in completing a review from your recent stay at High Wycombe. It was great to read how well we looked after you along with the fantastic comments about the cleanliness and security of the Hotel.
I am looking into the window being left open upon arrival as this should never be the case along with the window bar.
You are right about breakfast it is very good. Holiday Inn have won an award for our great breakfast along with a recent launch of updating the complete offer which includes pancake machine which is going down very well with the children. (and adults)

Thank you once again for your views and I do hope that we have the pleasure of hosting your next stay when you are in the area.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

On arrival we were checked in by receptionist monika, she was not very welcoming, not once did she even look at us, never give us any information about our stay, all she asked was would i like a paper and when that was deliverd it was not the one i asked for. Anyway apart from that we had a pleasant stay with all other staff being very friendly. We had booked dinner bed and breakfast via the hotel, the food and service was excellent. The room was a bit small but spotless. I would recommend to stay here! the location was also good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear holliemitzy, thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to read that your check-in experience with Monika was not very welcoming, I have asked the Front Office Manager to feedback directly your points to her. I am glad that the rest of your stay was great and that you found the Hotel very clean and the Team very friendly.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Holiday Inn is very handy for any business activities around the High Wycombe area as it's just off the M40 and has easy access to a number of restaurants and shops such as Asda and John Lewis.
Its clean, functional with friendly staff and a decent sized car park.
The beds are a little hard but you do get the choice of pillow type.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay here at this High Wycombe Hotel. I will pass on your comments to the Hotel team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards.

Rye Court Hotel
Rye Court Hotel
#7 of 14 in High Wycombe
Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield

Been to Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4? Share your experiences!