All reviews john lewis tgi fridays mars bar frankie and bennys trouser press convenient location room rate breakfast was excellent business trip plenty of parking stayed one night bar and restaurant evening meal double bed good nights sleep an overnight stay self service
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed as part of a coach trip and we found the hotel to be welcoming and exceptionally clean. Check in was fast and we were soon in our room. We had a good sized twin room with large flat screen tv, trouser press, hairdryer , mini fridge and tea coffee facilities. We had a choice of pillows which was greatly appreciated. The bathroom had a heated towel rail ,plenty of fluffy towels, toiletries and a bath with a massaging/power shower.
We had a buffet style evening meal I particularly loved the salmon selection and the fact that iced water was available on the tables. We found the drinks at the bar very reasonably priced,
Nearby was a cinema complex so we went out to see a film,
We had a fantastic nights sleep the hotel was quiet, warm and so comfortable and loads of hot water.
At breakfast we were instantly poured coffee (the American way) and we loved the choice available from cereal, different fruits/yoghurts , continental cheeses hams etc to the more traditional British fry up. The food tasted very good and was well presented.
All staff were smart, polite and helpful and we cant wait to return later in the year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank leedsFrancesca
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Francesca,
It is always a pleasure to read such positive reviews as yours. Knowing that you are so satisfied with the service you receive from us is great motivation for our team to continue to strive for excellence. I sincerely thank you for your time and comments, and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kind Regards,
Elena

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed for 1 night, Sunday night Jubilee weekend and it wasn't a pleasant experience. We wanted to buy a bottle of water at the bar and the lady said we had to pay at the reception. So we go to pay at the reception and because we had already paid cash for the room, the receptionist said we couldn't pay there and had to go back and pay at the bar cash. The bar attendant is not allowed to take payments, so we tell them to take the £5 something off a card but the receptionist refused to take any payments off us we were tossed between reception and the bar just to pay for a drink. To make matters worse we didnt have any milk or sugar in the room, this as well they didnt seem to want to provide even when we offered to pay for it knowing it comes free. The receptionists had facial expressions clearly showing they were not bothered and didn't care . Finally after half an hour the bar attendant found a male employee who sold us the bottle of water. The rooms were freezing cold and no heating, no iron in the room which we didnt bother to ask for as we were tired of acting like beggers. We were meant to stay for three nights we ended staying for just the 1. I don't think its worth pay for an unpleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing your comments following your recent stay with us.
I was extremely disappointed to hear what you had to go through and I have already spoken to the Heads of Department concerned to get these matters addressed asap.
I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

A Modern two story building in pleasant surroundings next door to the M40 and very convenient for London. Our room for two was clean and functional with double bed, cable TV and Internet if you paid for it. (Why isn't it FREE or included in the price?) Bath and shower with plenty of hot water.Trouser press for those who wear suits, but NO safe. These cost £20 at B & Q. Where do you leave your small valuables when out and the cleaners and others have access? If something goes missing then the staff come under suspicion. They could avoid this by supplying a simlple safe. Food very good and service excellent. Recommended. I do not know the price of the rooms as I was on an inclusive tour.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor near to reception and it was as quiet as the grave.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor B
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the food and service to be excellent.
Regarding the safe, we currently have them only in our executive rooms, however we have arranged for safety deposit bags to be used to store items at reception. The bag will be sealed in the presence of the guest and a unique receipt will issued.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My first impressions was one of disappointment, the foyer seemed disorganised and it was a long way to our room for my disabled wife. The heating was not on and we felt cold throughout the night.

Room Tip: Insist on help for the disabled.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments.
I would be grateful if you could email me on elena.corbioli@ihg.com in order to provide further details of your experience with us.
Elena

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed in many 3 star hotels and above but this hotel has to be the best. This hotel is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in the housekeeping is outstanding. I read previous reviews before my trip and was concerned about sleeping in a room near the road due to noise after reading the review let me put anyone mind at easy on this point. I live in the countryside so I am used to quite surroundings etc. My room was room 9 as close as could be to the road but could I hear the road noise at the height of rush hour NO so no matter what other reviews say take my advice and ignore them. The staff were just so helpful and kind the reception staff especially Clifton and Louis and the ladies on reception were outstanding. My room had everything you could need and was comfortable especially liked the choice of hard or soft pillows (great ideal wish all hotels would do this). My bathroom was spacious and had bath and a very good shower. The only thing my room lacked was an iron/ironing board but apart from that you could not wish to stay in a better hotel. The breakfast was very good and plenty of selection. In fact from this experience it’s going to be Holiday Inn group for me from now on in. Well done Holiday Inn, High Wycombe

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MelNorthYorkshire

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that we have been able to offer you a great stay. It is good to read that you had a great night sleep with our choice of pillow.
Thanks for your positive comments about the variety of our breakfast and the helpfulness of our staff. It really makes the efforts of the team valued and your comments will only encourage them to continue with the great service we strive for.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.