All reviews john lewis tgi fridays mars bar frankie and bennys trouser press convenient location room rate breakfast was excellent business trip plenty of parking stayed one night bar and restaurant evening meal double bed good nights sleep an overnight stay self service
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel is stuck in a time warp. The only updated areas are the reception, bar and restaurant. the bedrooms are tired and shabby. I am an Ambassador Platinum member of the IHG Priority Club. I had to ask for an upgrade. Drum Roll........ none available sir! Fully booked sir. How interesting that I could book a superior room on the Holiday Inn website with no mention whatsoever of "No rooms available" such a shame that the crowne plaza in Marlow was fully booked. Save yourself the trouble and stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. Try book in at the crowne plaza in Marlow 3 miles away. Similar rates but ts got MUCH more.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that on this occasion we have not met your expectations. The hotel does have a planned maintenance schedule to ensure that we keep the bedrooms up-to-date and fresh looking. We are currently working on some enhancements to our Executive bedrooms and will move to our Standard rooms later this year.
If you are planning to stay in the area again please email on mark.langham@ihg.com and I will personally take care of your booking and ensure we offer you one of these upgraded bedrooms.

Many thanks for your feedback, it is Customers such as yourself that help us maintain the expected standard from a Holiday Inn.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I tried to check in about 20 minutes early and got the usual we don't have any rooms ready yet. As a platinum priority club member a complimentary upgrade is usually offered (subject to availability) as I knew they were available to book I waited for my offer of an upgrade or indeed any other sign of recognition as one of the brands most loyal customers. Nothing was forthcoming, so I asked for an upgrade. I was informed none were available. At this point I said if my custom means so little to you I will go elsewhere. Suddenly, a room might be available but she needed to go and check! After a very long time, a most unpleasant person wearing a badge proclaiming her as front of house manager appeared and proceeded to bang on about room upgrades and policies. I have no doubt that if I had wanted to stand and listen to her lecture an upgraded room would have become available. However, I decided that my custom would be much better appreciated elsewhere and cancelled the reservation and left. As a word of warning to any other priority club member hoping for any of the benefits of membership at this hotel.....Really don't bother, they couldn't care less!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Andy C
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback. I am sorry to read about your check-in experience. I believe that at the time the receptionist had upgraded you complimentary to a bigger standard double bedroom as no Executive bedrooms where available. As a Platinum Priority Club Member we offer many benefits from Express check-in, food and beverage discounts along with the best available bedroom being offered.
I have instigated some re-training with the receptionist to ensure that she is fully aware of the benefits we offer for all Priority Club Members and that these are conveyed in the correct manner to the Guest.
Thank you again for your valued feedback.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I’ve given this five stars not because it’s a five star hotel, obviously - but because I thought it was excellent in its category. Stayed for one night, it was great. We don’t often stay in standard ‘budget’ hotels, so I confess I don’t have many experiences to compare it against, but I was very pleasantly surprised and wanted to review it as the excellent hardworking staff deserve some recognition! Everyone we came across was really friendly and professional, from the welcoming young man who checked us in, to the bar staff, to the lovely young lady who checked us out, to a couple of staff who we simply passed in the corridor but from whom we still received a warm smile and a polite verbal acknowledgement. On top of being nice people to start with, they had all clearly received good training.

No complaints at all about the cleanliness and upkeep, room was small but spotless, ditto bathroom. Simply but smartly furnished. Unlike a previous review, the corridor we stayed on (first floor) was very neat and fresh-looking, maybe one of the newly-refurbished ones? The restaurant/bar and reception areas were also very clean, modern and pleasant. We booked last minute (5 hours notice) and got a better deal ringing the hotel direct (£79 for Easter Saturday, good value compared to some nearby B&Bs we considered) than was available anywhere online. This of course may vary from day to day, but I’d say it’s worth checking both online and by phone to ensure you get the best price.

I suppose if I was in a picky mood I might knock off half a star for some very minor things: The (tasty) bacon at breakfast wasn’t quite hot enough and not helped by the plates not being warmed; the bedside lights weren’t working, I’m confident they’d have fixed them if we’d asked, but it was very late and we just wanted to get into bed; room was a tad on the chilly side, although in fairness we didn’t try to alter the heating before we turned in, so we might have been able to adjust it, I’ll never know! Oh, and had we wanted to use the internet, I would agree that the rates seem expensive, but we didn’t use it so it didn’t bother us.

All in all I’d say this place is a really good choice if you want a hassle-free stopover in the Wycombe area or a convenient spot near the M40 to break a long journey. Would happily stay again if the need arose.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MoneypennyLondon
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your honest feedback from your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn. I have passed on your great comments about how friendly you found the Team. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Mark Langham

Reviewed April 4, 2012

The Holiday Inn High Wycombe is perfectly fine if you are in the area on business, the rooms are clean and well appointed, the bar and restaurant are very good and the access to the M40 is great. Unfortunately there isn't very much to do in the local vicinity apart from a multiplex cinema and a couple of identikit restaurants. Despite the name, this hotel is not a place to holiday and may a bit far from Heathrow for travellers but i you're in the area and looking for a clean and compfrotable stay, you wont have much to complain about.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms can be a fair walk fom reception so if this is a problem, let them know
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Andypandymacanandi
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Andy,
Thank you for taking the time to write about us.
I am very pleased to hear that you found the rooms clean and well appointed. I am also glad you enjoy our bar and restaurant and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards,
Elena

Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and i had a very pleasant one night stay here, the room was really clean, warm and inviting, the staff were friendly and the food was brilliant, we really enjoyed our stay and will definately stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geoned57
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay here at at High Wycombe. I have passed your comments to the Team on how friendly they were and also on how clean the bedroom was along with the great meal experience you had.

Look forward to hosting your next stay when your are in the area.

Kind regards