All reviews john lewis tgi fridays mars bar frankie and bennys trouser press convenient location room rate breakfast was excellent business trip plenty of parking stayed one night bar and restaurant evening meal double bed good nights sleep an overnight stay self service
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and i had a very pleasant one night stay here, the room was really clean, warm and inviting, the staff were friendly and the food was brilliant, we really enjoyed our stay and will definately stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geoned57
Holiday_Innn, General Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay here at at High Wycombe. I have passed your comments to the Team on how friendly they were and also on how clean the bedroom was along with the great meal experience you had.

Look forward to hosting your next stay when your are in the area.

Kind regards

Mark

Reviewed March 21, 2012

A well-located, if unprepossessing hotel right on top of Handy Cross junction. Handy for work in High Wycombe, but not much else........ Good reception with helpful staff, but no concierge. Nice bar area. Expensive drinks. VERY expensive. Expensive internet: £10 for 4 hours, £5 for 1 hour? Forget it........ when most other chains give it for free. We all know hotel phones are dear, but 10p a minute to ring IN??????/ Come on, Holiday Inn, get a grip, that is ridiculous! At least the car park was free.........VERY tired corridors with damaged paintwork from service trollies... too high for cases/bags...... cold rooms, heating inoperative. Fridge locked, so water could not be chilled..... very limited selection of hot drinks in room. Good toiletries, nice towels. MOULDY BATH sealant, shower head not descaled. No bag in bin in bathroom. Duvet tucked into foot of bed so it would only reach up to my midriff.... and only went to edge of bed at the sides. In restaurant in the evening, it took less than 5 minutes for my drink to arrive, but 45 minutes for my meal. When it came, it was tasteless (Ok, it was hot). NOT good enough! Breakfast was good, but plates in hot self service were dirty: I had to sift through 3 before I found a clean one.
Points above were reported to reception on check-out.
This is simply not good enough: Holiday Inn are promoting themselves as being "Hotel Provider to London 2012 Games", and they come up with this sort of offering? This is the second time I have been very disappointed with this chain, which used to be so good.

Room Tip: For Heavens' sake, don't get one on the side of the A404: you won't get any sleep!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Iain Richard S

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

After reading your comment about the duvet, I decided to stay in the hotel and experience this myself. You are absolutely right having the duvet tucked in at the bottom of the bed is frustrating. I did ask the Head Housekeeper why we do this, the response was purely for presentation. You will be pleased to know that as of Good Friday this practice will stop.

I am pleased that you liked the toiletries and bath sheets. From a recent Tripadvisor comment about the size and quality of the bath towels we had decided to change them all for new and move across to bath sheets rather than towels.

The hotel has been working through a planned maintenance schedule. We have just completed the business lounge and restaurant and are due to start works on the bedroom corridors this year.

Many thanks again

Mark

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Had an overnight stay here in March 2012. Booked in advance on the internet we had a double room which was very reasonable at £44. Check in was swift and courteous. The room was nicely laid out and very clean. A bit stingy on the tea and coffee facilities in the room and the bed wasn't very comfortable a bit like a wobbly jelly. The service in the bar was good in the evening but the price for two smallish glasses of pinot grigot at £6.50 each was a bit much! However we'd stay again as it was a clean, quiet, functional hotel at a very good price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank itsgottabehot

Thank you for your fantastic comments from your recent stay with us. You will be pleased to hear that we have recently introduced a Guest Information Tent Card on all tea trays to inform Guests that we can supply additional tea/coffee as well as deliver fresh milk to the bedroom along with decaffeinated and herbal options.

I have passed onto Housekeeping on how clean your bedroom was and instigated my Maintenance Team to complete a bed audit.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many thanks

Mark Langham

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was a good hotel overall. Room was nice, although the air conditioning didn't work, so the room was rather warm; we opened the window and put up with the road noise (still slept pretty well). I didn't bother telling reception that evening as it would probably have meant we had to move rooms - I did tell them on departure though. Breakfast was excellent - A1; great choice and a good cup of coffee.

Several items had been added to my bill (I prepaid for the room) when I came to check-out; I don't know what these were and the chap at reception couldn't tell me. After several minutes, he managed to remove them and gave me a new invoice.

Room Tip: Check the air-con first!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lostintheirishsea
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn High Wycombe.
I appreciate all the comments you made regarding your experience at the hotel and I would like to apologise for the additional items on your bill. I would be grateful if you could contact me in order to provide further details of your experience with us. This will enable us to address any issues with the specific departments.
I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn High Wycombe.
Yours sincerely,
Elena Corbioli
Operations Manager
email:elena.corbioli@ihg.com

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Good hotel but check out took 20 mins and hotel tried to change us for supplements we hadn't had!!! Come off it!!

• Stayed: March 2012
HIElena, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
I appreciate all the comments you made regarding your experience at the hotel and I would like to apologise for the waiting time at check out. I would be grateful if you could contact me in order to provide further details of your experience with us. This will enable us to address any issues with the specific departments.
Yours sincerely,