Premier Inn High Wycombe Central Hotel(High Wycombe)(Great Value!)
$53
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Abbey Lodge Hotel(High Wycombe)
$58
$64
PremierInn.com
Clifton Lodge Hotel(High Wycombe)
$67
The Crown at Radnage(High Wycombe)
The Bell(High Wycombe)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Contractors Hotel(High Wycombe)
Belmont Hotel(High Wycombe)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjohn lewistgi fridaysfrankie and bennysmars bartrouser pressconvenient locationroom ratebreakfast was excellentbusiness triplounge areaplenty of parkingstayed one nightbar and restaurantevening mealground floordouble bedgood nights sleep
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Annual average hotel stay for me is at least 8 nights per month... Holiday Inn is now firmly OFF my list of possibles after a stay here. Room was booked by client company. They omitted to specify "non-smoking" room on the booking, so on arrival at 6pm I was allocated a smoking room (for 3 nights). I asked politely if I could have a non-smoking room. "The computer", I am told," has allocated you a smoking room".... "OK, I appreciate that it may not be possible to change it for tonight, but can I have a non-smoking room for the remaining 2 nights?".."The computer, .." (as if it were some animate object) "... has allocated you a smoking room for all 3 nights" I ask, " Can this be changed?" and the reply is "no, you should have specified this before you arrived, tomorrow night we are fully booked", to which I reply "Unless you are able to provide me with a non-smoking room for tomorrow night, not any more. Cancel my booking for tomorrow night, and that of my colleague who is arriving tomorrow"..Reply,"you'll have to pay £25 extra for your early departure" (as if this would induce me to stay). The trainee made no attempt to change / amend / my booking and then went on to try to pursuade me to have a "Priority" card. I fish around my cards to see if I already have one (I think I have declined this before) finding a Starwood and Hilton card on the way. "no thanks" is my now curt reply. I would like to meet the Holiday inn computer - seems like a bit of an inflexible "thing" - or better still the IT person who programmed it - these systems are only as dumb as the person who wrote them. Onto the room: yes, it smelled of mildly stale fag reek. The adjoining door to the next "smoking" room, afforded intermittent "refreshment" of the cigarette smell from the libidinous smokers next door - not much privacy to watch telly with the sound of loud fornicatory couplings from next door. Seems they smoked between sessions. A truly forgettable experience - and all the computer's fault, it seems. Shame, shame, shame on you Holiday Inn
I called around for other hotels nearby - all very busy, but I explain my plight to the Taplow House Hotel - they offer me a very nice rate on two rooms for the next two nights...Their gain is HI's loss - no doubt the HI computer will consign some other non-smoking sucker to the aromatic delights of this living ashtray.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank 60-degreese-North
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Otherwise, it's a nice place to stay, good location, etc. BUT we were told that they had accessible rooms. You need to be aware that their accessible rooms do NOT have accessible showers/baths. The bedroom had just enough space to get around, and the bathroom had an accessible toilet and sink, BUT all the so-called "accessible rooms" have a regular narrow bathtub with shower attachments over the tub. There is NO WAY that this can be considered an accessible shower/bath. The bathroom itself is very large so there's plenty of room to put in a walk-in/roll-in shower, but they apparently decided not do that.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Since my last review in 2009 I am not quite as enthusiastic.

Reception staff are still friendly, welcoming and efficient. Car parking is free and plentiful and the location is convenient for the Motorway and for the nearby Chilterns.

However, the dinner menu is rather limited and the food expensive. The cost of a glass of wine is bordering on the outrageous. We asked for bread before our main course and were advised that this cost extra. Breakfast is quite good but not the best -- fairly awful coffee and no yoghurts. Pleasant service.

We were not upgraded as platinum PC members and found the standard double to be compact and the sleep comfort not of the best. Everything was clean and in working order. We were disturbed on the first night by wedding guests in the early hours though that was not the hotel's fault.

So, would stay again, but would eat out.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I arrived Thursday early afternoon to be welcomed by very friendly staff who checked me in. I gave my registration number to guarantee my free parking.

My room was very clean and stocked with all the usual complimentary soaps and teas you would expect from the Holiday Inn Group. The room was slightly smaller than I imagined but that really didn't bother me. The room was a really nice place to be.

I ordered room sevice within the first few minutes of getting there. Within 10 - 15 minutes max the most tasty 'sweet cure' bacon sandwich was delivered to my room. I have never tasted something so nice. Outstanding.

I popped out for a few hours to return later for dinner. I was seen to very quickly and ordered salmon with some wine. Again, it has to be some of the best food I have had in a long time.

All in all, I had such a nice time there. I would do it all again if I had the opportunity.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I came away with my partner for a winter break. The service was outstanding with all the staff being the most helpful, friendly and attentive. The hotel is in tip top condition, with close attention being paid to every detail. The room was extremely comfortable and spotless.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple