“Good menu, food, service and atmosphere”
Review of The Sausage Tree

The Sausage Tree
Ranked #28 of 219 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Good menu, food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great menu offering a variety of sausages and other dishes. Lovely inside and staff friendly. Food was lovely. My partner had one of the sausage dishes - my only minor comment would be that the portion was a little on the small side for a man with only 2 sausages. Other than that, a very pleasant evening. Would recommend.

High wycombe
“Food average, staff very poor! Wouldn't recommend!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went here on a Monday for my fathers birthday! It was very quiet, only 3 other tables with people on, you would have thought the service would be quite good.....it wasn't. I asked for a apple juice and they bought me a apple and mango j2o, when I stated that wasn't what I ordered they replied we don't do apple juice....so why didn't they say that when I ordered it!

When it cam to the food the menu was quite confusing we asked the waitress for help or to recommend and she had not better clue than us! We decided to all order not rocks of different meats to 5 mins later be told they didn't have half of what we ordered! Finally when we managed to choose out of very little. When the food came I was a bit disappointed with the sides, cold fries and salas that looked like it had been sat in the kitchen all day and roasted vegetables that looked and tasted like they had never seen an oven!

Overall the staff were rude, clearly not trained properly and very slow even tho there were a total of 8 people in the restaurant! After hearing great comments from friends about this place I was extremely disappointed and I would t recommend it to any of my friends or family! A bit harsh I know! For extremely high prices you are not getting your money's worth!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“From Cumberland to Kangaroo!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

It's rare to go into a restaurant and want everything on the menu and rarer still for the food to deliver the promise of the menu but this pub does just that. I had a pork sausage with banana and honey and it was delicious! Wonderful mash with caremelised onions and I (not a fan of gravy) finished the whole dish and soaked the onion rings in it! Delicious and a real find. Just wish we lived closer. Enjoy this wonderful restaurant yourself, I will be back!

“Poor quality food”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A few of my friends had told me how they had enjoyed visits to The Sausage Tree. A sport style pub with an alternative menu, lots of sausage varieties and different meats. It all sounded really good.

I went with my girlfriend and was so let down by the food.

We both ordered sausage meals that I think cost £10.99 each. It came with mash, gravy, onions and a choice of peas or beans.

The food came out 5 minutes after ordering, that was concerning.

The sausages were well below par. The mash was the best thing on the plate but it was still very average, however it was pretty inedible as the gravy on it tasted of dirty water with a bit of gravy mix added in. I've never had to write a bad review before but for this I had to.

The specials were priced at £6.50 I think, I would suggest that all the sausage dishes are no more than this because at £10.99, it's daylight robbery. Sausage and mash when you eat out is always never quite the same as your mums or nans but you would still expect it to taste nice and I've not had one as bad as this before.

Maybe we went on an off day but considering we were one of two groups in the restaurant, you would expect the chef to be on song when there is no pressure and I would at least expect a sausage to be cooked longer than a few minutes.

Sorry Sausage Tree, but you really let me down.

• Visited October 2012
“What a find in High Wycombe!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Sausage Tree was really great - friendly staff, brilliantly out-there menu, and a very wide selection of world beers (including Belgian). We had fantastic sausages but can't wait to go back for the more exotic selection. And not far from the Bootlegger!