“Home from home”
Review of Squirrel house

Squirrel house
Ranked #3 of 18 High Wycombe B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while working away from home tea coffee sky tv breakfast wi-fi wot more can I say I will be back Asda cinema. Loads of places to eat out with in walking distance thanks Margaret the owner. Ado from doncaster

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've stayed with a friend at the Squirrel House for a whole week in a two beds room with private bathroom and standard breakfast.

The room was very nice, clean and tidy, with confortable beds, free Wi-Fi and sky TV. Breakfasts were excellent, and best of all, Margaret (the owner) is absolutely wonderful. Would recommend the Squirrel House to anyone!

Thank you Margaret and we hope to come back next year! :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here for a week in July 2012, I booked the twin room after looking on the website and was pleasantly surprised that it was as nice as it looked on the site. A clean fresh room, plenty of space..tea/coffee..ironing board..important to me :-) A lovely 2 person shower, made it a treat to have a shower more times a day than I really needed ! Sky sports and sky movies as well..! Oh and straight across the road is a Co-Op express shop..very handy. Would definitely stay here again .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Have stayed at Squirrel House over the past few weeks and have felt completely at home. very clean room, comfortable bed, Sky TV and a lovely bathroom with every shampoo you could ever need.

Breakfasts were always excellent too. Nice one, Margaret - it was a pleasure to stay.

All the best

DJB

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I went to High Wycombe to watch a Derren Brown show at the Swan and relax for a few days. I chose to stay at Squirrel House because of its affordabiliy and location and I wasn't disappointed in any way.

I had a very nice and clean room with a TV set (Yay for Sky!) and a large and very comfy bed. Free WiFi was available, but I didn't get around to using it. My bathroom had floor heating and was also very clean and pleasant looking. It was equipped with a bathrobe, large towels, shower gel, soap and shampoo.

During my rather short stay, my room was frequently serviced.

The breakfast consisted of a homemade fresh fruit salad, orange juice, tea/coffee, toast, jams and a variety of different cereals to choose from. Margaret told me that if my favorite cereal was missing, I should tell her and she would buy it for me. How cool is that? Overall, the service and hospitality I experienced was amazing and reminded me of why I'd rather stay at a cozy family-run B&B than at a large hotel. It really felt like a "home away from home".

About the location: Squirrel House ist directly accross the street from a well stocked supermarket. My window was facing the street and there was a lot of traffic most of the time, but with a closed window I could sleep like a baby. Maybe the traffic could bother people who are very sensitive to sound or who sleep with an open window, but it was no problem for me.

The town centre and central bus station of High Wycombe is in what I consider to be walking distance, but it is quite a long walk through a rather hilly area. Again, something that might be a factor for some people but wasn't for me (I enjoyed the walks). On the day of my departure, I didn't feel like walking with all my luggage, so I took a taxi which cost me just 5 pounds. There is also a bus stop right across the street, so I guess that would be another way to get into town quickly.

I highly recommend Squirrel House to anyone looking for a place to stay in the area. If you are looking for an affordable and comfortable room and a homelike and all around lovely experience, you won't be disappointed. If I should ever be in High Wycombe again for some reason, there's no doubt I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2012

A wonderful overnight stay whilst on business. The house was clean, and felt very homely. The bed is very comfortable, and sleep was uninterrupted. Excellent food, and a wonderful owner.

Many thanks, and I'll be using this for future business visits.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed only one night for a Family Party. Warm welcome from Margaret and her Husband. Lovely warm cozy room and excellent continental breakfast. Fantastic powershower too.
A great find indeed. A real home from home

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family