“Highly recommend”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in High Wycombe
Lane End Conference Centre
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in High Wycombe
London
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have organised a couple of residential training events at Lane End Conference Centre this year and have been delighted with everything. Bookings were dealt with efficiently and all of our ad-hoc requests were organised without fuss. The facilities were perfect for our needs, dining is top notch with great variety each day for all meals, which is fantastic if you're spending a week or more eating in the same place. All staff we came across were friendly and keen to exceed our expectations, which they did regularly. It really is all the small details that add up to a truly spectacular venue offering great value for it's target market.

Room Tip: This is a conference centre and as such bedrooms aren't luxurious as you would expect for the le...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LaneEndCC, Manager at Lane End Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hello - thank you for the kind feedback and for recommending our venue. I have noticed your tip about the bedrooms and you may be interested to know that we are in the process of refurbishing all our rooms. We have completed nearly 30 - all of which include new full size double beds, brand new bathrooms, interior, wall-mounted 32 inch plasma TVs and balconies.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The staff were excellent and very flexible given the traffic problems that caused many of our participants to be late. Everyone from receptionists, cleaners, the chef and the team who were looking after us for the weekend were absolutely amazing and a credit to Lane End. We have had many positive comments about the quality of the food and have once again enjoyed being with at Lane End Conference Centre. Not one of our participants had a negative experience over the course of the weekend and the staff have bent over backwards to help us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello Richard. Thank you for the kind feedback, I am glad to hear you had such a good experience with us at Lane End and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lane End later this year. Heni Fourie, Sales & Marketing Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I ran a meeting for healthcare professionals at the Lane End Conference Centre in September 2013. From start to finish, it was an absolute pleasure to work with the team there. They were extremely accommodating and helpful.

There were also a number of activities such as golf, walks, etc... in a very picturesque place. It was raining for a bit

I couldn't fault the Centre at all in any way. The facilities, food, cleanliness, everything was spot-on and I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending them to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LaneEndCC, Manager at Lane End Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind feedback Imran. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lane End again hopefully soon.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I booked Lane End recently for our senior management team planning day. The food, facilities and service were all excellent; there really is a focus on getting the detail right from the initial planning, checking we had everything we needed in the conference room before we kicked the day off, to the unobtrusive availability of the team during the day.The centre is very flexible; when we realised there was torrential rain forecast, our evening barbecue was re-planned at the last minute as an indoor meal and outdoor activities were changed to some indoor ones. I'm very impressed - beautiful surroundings too.Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LaneEndCC, Manager at Lane End Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Anne - thank you so much for this feedback. It was a pleasure having you and your senior team at Lane End and I am delighted to know you had a positive experience despite the unforeseen torrential rain. I've heard the batak was a hit with your team as one of the indoor team building games.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Organised a conference for 50 people recently and have never experienced such consistent customer service from reception, event management to restuarant and bar staff. Extremely professional and nothing was too much trouble - the service came with a genuine smile.

The conference facilities were excellent, worth considering an event in the summer months in order to enjoy the doors opening out to the patio! Dinner in the restuarant was very good and all very clean. I had an execeptionally heavy bag and no lift so reception organised for this to be delivered to my room, even on the evening when I was removing some of the conference equipment one member of staff went out of their way to walk over to offer their assitance... again with a smile.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Liz - thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. We are passionate about delivering efficient service with a smile. I am therefore so grateful that you have picked up on this and commented on the friendliness of our staff - it means a lot and I will definitely be passing it on to the team. All the best and we hope to see you at Lane End again soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was tasked with organising a meeting for several different groups in one place. I rang Lane End as they were recommended to me and from day 1 they anticipated what I needed and realised my aims without me really knowing what I was doing!

I can't fault them and we will be using them going into the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the lovely feedback. I am so glad to hear about your positive experience and we look forward to hearing from you again in the future.
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was booked in here for two nights for a training course by my company. Upon arriving the receptionist was most polite and helpful and gave me a plan of the centre which was very useful. I stayed in room 7 of the Wycombe Hall and have to say that the room was very pleasant and cosy, with a small double bed, a pristine bathroom, plenty of storage space, a TV and drinks making facilities, and a desk equipped with wi-fi, a reading lamp, a notepad and a comfortable chair.

The view from my ground floor window was of the woodland, and it was delightful to watch the squirrels bounding around in the trees.

The first evening was very quiet, in fact I think myself and my work colleague were the only two staying over. We sat in the area immediately to the front of Wycombe Hall's bar and as good as it was to relax with a drink, maybe just a little background music would have lifted the ambiance a bit. The barman was very friendly and it was service with a smile each time we went across to the bar.

Breakfast the next morning was great, all the components for a full English plus toast, fruit juice, cereals and anything else you wanted. Lunch that day was a bit disappointing; one of the dishes on offer was turkey fillet or breast ( not sure which) served with salsa and the turkey was way overcooked, chewy and barely luke warm but this was amply compensated by the apple pie and custard for dessert.

The meeting room we had was light and airy and a perfect size for the eight on our course. Breakfast on the second morning was equally as good and I'm pleased to say that the day's lunch of sweet and sour pork with rice was delicious, to the degree that I went back for seconds. The waiting staff were superb and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.

So, all-in-all a very enjoyable stay and I have to say that Lane End sets the standard for most other conference centres I've attended over the years.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south look across the woods and the rest of the grounds
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GBfromDevizes
LaneEndCC, Manager at Lane End Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the thoughtful, constructive and well-balanced feedback. We are delighted by your feedback and will definitely be taking on board your comments about ambient music in the bar and the turkey during lunch. We are passionate about feedback as it helps us to keep improving our standards - so thank you for taking the time in leaving this wonderful piece of feedback.