“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Watermead Inn

The Watermead Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Watermead Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 144 Restaurants in Aylesbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Æglesburgh at the Watermead Inn is a well-established pub loved by many and is often referred to as the 'Mead'Located close to the centre of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. We hold a prime location situated on Watermead's picturesque lakeside. Æglesburgh is a comfortable vintage venue with a relaxing atmosphere serving excellent food and drink all day, ideal for visitors, businesses, local people and families.
Ingolstadt, Germany
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Service was great, the food delicious and the prices fair.
I've seen reviews complaining about the quite short menu... Well, all I can say is that I prefer quality over quantity every day. If you have the chance, you should definetly check it out.

Reading, United Kingdom
“A great pub and restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We've been here many times now and it never fails to impress. The food is of a high standard, the service is impecable and the atmosphere is perfect for friends, families, couples. I would recommend The Watermead to everyone :-)

• Visited April 2014
Luton
“Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Visiting old friends in Aylesbury for a reunion we found this Pub-restaurant as we were walking through the fields behind their house what a pleasent surprise located on a lake so views across the lake good menu 3courses for £10 / Bar menu or Al a cate food was very good well presented and the service excellant shame we were the only people in the place /but I would think on a Summers evening the place would be busy

• Visited March 2014
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great food friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We have now used this restaurant three times since moving to Watermead. Starting with the excellent value Thursday night £10 for three courses and subsequently the standard menu on two further evenings. The food always been excellent with well-presented and great tasting food. In addition the service provided by the enthusiastic young staff, friendly and efficient. We look forward to the summer months ahead when we can sit outside and enjoy both the food and view of the Lake.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Anthony M
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This was a return visit to the '3 courses for ten pounds' menu.
I had soup and crusty bread for the starter. It was hot and tasty and filling.
I chose the Teriyaki chicken with creamy mash for my main. This was LOVELY. Two pieces of chicken on mash were served with a delicious sauce. I know I keep using 'delicious' and 'tasty' but that's what it was.
For the dessert I went for apple pie and custard. I was given a very large portion which I enjoyed.
We were served by attentive staff in a comfortable atmosphere.
We will return- thank you Æglesburgh people.

1 Thank Graham H