“Good beer on tap to take away, polite staff, pure quality.”
Review of Chiltern Brewery

Chiltern Brewery
Ranked #7 of 36 things to do in Aylesbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Family owned brewery that has been open since 1980; offering award-winning real ales, beer foods and brewery tours. The brewery shop is open Monday to Saturday (please see website for exact timings).
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I used to go here often a few years ago to buy the draught beer to take away. The beers change regularly but are always of a great standard. You can taste them before you buy too.
I went here again last week and I'm glad to say it hasn't changed. There are beers and ciders that you won't find easily anywhere else. My son bought a bottle of apple and mint cider and I'm waiting to hear what he thought of it. I bought a cloudy cider (Old Rosie), two bottled beers and 4 pints of summer gold on draught to take away. They were all excellent.
The staff all know their products and are happy to talk and advise. All I can really say is that if you like a good quality beer it's a must.
I didn't do the tour, but I've heard it is good too.

All reviews
"brewed"
"session"
"christmas"

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited the Chiltern Brewery in August 2012. The tour cost us around £10 included in the £10 we were given a free beer, a tour and beer and food matching experience. It is definitely value for money and well worth a visit if you are in the area. Highly recommend! Be sure not to drive as there is plenty of beers to try and when it is sunny you can sit outside and purchase a drink after the tour.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Would definitely recommend a visit to this micro brewery. On the website it mentioned an hours tour with a free sample. The tour went well beyond what we all expected and was great value for money. My dad has been on three very different brewery tours and he said that this was his favourite. I don't even drink beer but I got involved with the tasting and enjoyed the whole experience. It was a great relaxed way to spend an afternoon and we felt no pressure to move on once the tour/tasting session had finished. The shop has a great range of goodies to choose from and while we were there there was a constant flow of customers so its obviously a popular place. The staff are very knowledgeable and passionate about the brewery and this shows in their work. Well done and keep up the good work.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visited here in November 2012 along with some friends that live in Aylesbury. We did not go on the tour, but we had a fun time browsing their shop. We tried several of their brews and had a great discussion with one of the brewers. At the end of the visit, we walked away with a box of their Ruby Ale as well as some sole gin and other local goods made in the region.

1  Thank ThoreauFan09
See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I arranged to go on the brewery tour for part of my husband's birthday present. We visited in August 2012.

I was on driving duties and not a great ale lover but had a brilliant time all the same. After a brief tour of the premises (as they are quite small!) by our informative guide we headed back inside to sample different ales. As we tried them we had food (and plenty of it) to taste it with as well as ongoing info about each ale & the brewing processes.

My husband raved about it & I'd highly recommend it too. They also have a small shop on site. The tour proved great value for money.