“Could be MUCH better”
Review of Town House B&B

Town House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aylesbury
Town House B&B
Ranked #14 of 21 Aylesbury B&B and Inns
Lyon, France
“Could be MUCH better”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The owner is very friendly, but that's the only positive point. My bedroom had a direct view at the cemetery accross the street, the floor was dirty, the towels were changed every two days or so, the bedding was a misery and the lock on the door a pitiful excuse for security. I had to prepare my own breakfast by helping myself in the fridge (and be cautious about the food's expiration dates). Other guests were making a mess of the shared bathrooms, I had to clean up after them since the owner doesn't live on the premices. Last but not the least: I spent my last night COMPLETELY ALONE at the B&B. All the other guests were gone and the owner didn't even showed up to make sure I was safe, or to check the front and back doors' locks.
All in one: I would not recommend this B&B for a woman travelling alone. Other guests were drinking heavily in their rooms!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Elektra173

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Four nights of misery. Cash only upfront, and owner did not respond to complaints with any sort of satisfaction. The self-serve kitchen and fridge were filthy, the food was ok, if you could eat it, not knowing how long it had been there. YOU do your own cooking and cleaning of kitchen use. Food may not be there if you are last to make it to the kitchen. The beds were as comfortable as a gravel road, and the water pressure in the room was non-existent. The place was like an oven, with little ventilation. The location was fine, but you may be better off sleeping in the cemetery across the road.

Room Tip: Spend the money and go elsewhere, unless you expect nothing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank edmontoninuit

Travelers are raving about these Aylesbury hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We Stayed for 1 night, the room cost 60 pounds and had to be paid for upfront which I find strange. The ower greated us and showed us the room and explained about the toilet even though there were two signs in the bathroom, we was also shown the kitchen where we was told we can us microwave etc and shown cereals for breakfast. The room was basic but ok it had everything that you would need. The shower was ok not much water pressure but it did its job. The owner does not stay on site and so once you have been shown your room that's it, there is no ongoing hospitality.
The breakfast was a slight let down as you was just expected to do as you wanted when we entered the breakfast room it was empty, on a dresser was a mountain of cereal boxes and packets of crousants and muffins. We guesed the juice was in the fridge but it was not clear if it was guest usage. There was no meats,cheeses or youghurts. Although the owner lives off site I just feel for 60pounds a night that the breakfast should have been better and laid out with hams etc. We would stay again if a better breakfast was provided for the 60 pounds.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Louise G
nottm
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is a three story town house (as the name suggests!) on the edge of Aylesbury, but only a short walk into the centre. It's just down from a 24 hour Tesco - very handy - & not far from the Leisure Centre.

The owner, who was very pleasant and friendly, does not live on site but meets you to show you to your room.

There are two shared bathrooms on the middle floor. I don't think any rooms are en-suite (mine wasn't) but this was reflected in the price, which was considerably less than other places (Bucks is quite an expensive area of the country).

The room I had was downstairs at the front of the house, so there was some traffic noise, but this didn't bother me. On the second night that I was there, I was disturbed by one of the other guests coming in very late and talking at full volume (in Spanish?) right outside my room. Basically, unluckily an inconsiderate guest!

One of the big plus points (for me) is that there is a kitchen/dining room on the basement level, where you make your own (unsupervised) continental breakfast (fridge with milk, cereals, fruit, bread, cheese, ham, jams etc). You can also use the crockery/cutlery, toaster, microwave etc to make youyrself snacks at any time.

Not luxury, accommodation but very well kept, and was just the job for me!

Room Tip: if a light sleeper, might be best to ask for a room not at front.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank catme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylesbury
Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury
#1 of 1 in Hartwell
The Bell Hotel
The Bell Hotel
#4 of 21 in Aylesbury

Been to Town House B&B? Share your experiences!