“Our regular curry house - great people, service and food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shensha Balti and Tandoori Restaurant

Shensha Balti and Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 212 Restaurants in Aylesbury
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Our regular curry house - great people, service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

We are regular visitors to the Shensha. They are always very welcoming, always accommodating (even if we just turn up - not advised on a Satruday!). Even when busy, the food comes quickly but is of great quality. The menu is pretty extensive (though we have our favourites) and they will always adjust the spices to suit your personal taste.

With no drinks licence, they are more than happy for you to BYO which means the bill is never a horrid surprise.

Oh and the take away service is excellent too - always on time (if you phone ahead).

1 Thank paul_michele_smith

Essex, UK
“Great evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Found ourselves in Aylesbury and, after looking at TripAdvisor reviews, I turned up on Saturday night with my wife, without a booking. Despite being extremely busy they found us a table within about five minutes. Service was excellent & friendly, and the food was delicious. I can honestly say it's one of the best curries I've had in a long time. I took along my own beer as it's unlicensed. The chicken tikka tandoori and the aubergine bhaji were yummy.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Once again the great service at the Shensha has exceeded expectation. The food is always good (we've been ordering a Friday night takeaway there for 24 years!) and the quality is still superb. Can't fault it. Thank you Shensha!

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great food great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Have a lot of takeaways from shensha also had two party's here always made very welcome, and the food is also hot and very tasty. If having a party the staff made the atmosphere great and nothing is to must trouble thanks from Kingsland road group

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aylesbury
“Superb Shensha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Shensha is my favourite restaurant in Aylesbury for both dining in and takeaway meals. The food is always freshly prepared and delicious. I have been visiting the Shensha for years and have never had a bad meal there. The service is good, the owner is "hands on" and very friendly. Alcohol isn't served but patrons may take their own alcohol along. The restaurant is child friendly - I have taken my son along with me from the age of nine (when we first moved to Aylesbury), he is now 16 and still loves eating there. The chefs are happy to change the strength of any dishes - they can make sauces spicier or less spicy on request. Friday and Saturday evening are usually busy, it's best to make a reservation on these evenings. There is a mixed clientelle - couples, family, friends and works outings. I can't understand some of the reviews dissing the food and decor - the food is absolutely superb and the premises are clean and well decorated. The price is very good - I've taken many friends to the Shensha over the years and they've all recommended it to their other friends. My friends could not believe how affordable the meals are - I can't speak highly enough of it. There is a delivery service for takeaway meals. Additionally, there is a small carpark behind the restaurant, I understand if this is full that patrons can park over the road (ask at the restaurant). However, I have never had difficulty parking when I have visitied.