“Ok for business travel”

Holiday Inn Aylesbury
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Aylesbury
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn because my company has an agreement with them and there's not many other hotels in Aylesbury to chose from.
The rooms are ok, nothing to complain about there. Queen or king size bed, a desk to work at and a flat screen TV with enough channels. Bathroom with tub. The shower delivers massive amount of water, almost like a fire hose.
There's a fitness club that are free for guests and it has the basic equipment. There's also a small swimming pool were you can do some short laps.
There's a Tesco (open 24 hours) about 2.2 km (~1,5 miles) away and about 5 km to the city centre.
There's not much to see around the hotel itself, apart from the Grand Union Canal that passes about a mile north. One can walk or run beside the canal and it passes beautiful scenery, bridges and boats.

The restaurant offers a la carte and the bar has its bar menu, none of them are impressive and I can't recommend either. There are several restaurants in the vicinity that offer much better food, so please take the time to visit them instead.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Zebban,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room and the fitness center.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding food selection. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The service in this hotel is very disappointing. When I checked in my card was handed over and my room number broadcast to everyone in the busy bar, not good for female business guests travelling alone, most of the chain hotels stopped doing this ages ago. I wasn't given any information about the hotel, breakfast the pool or anything. Room was ok, bathroom cleanliness wasn't great. At breakfast I was taken to a table and left there, I had to ask a fellow guest whether it was table service or buffet and I wasn't offered a hot drink. At checkout the queue was very long and only one person was on reception. In the end after waiting, in pure frustration, I asked an employee who was wandering around with a clipboard to help and she went off to find someone. Fortunately another person arrived and this speeded things up. I normally find holiday inns a bit average, this one is well below that so I won't be back.

1  Thank LveTravel
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear LveTravel
Thank you for your constructive feedback further to your recent stay with us.
I am really disappointed to read your comments, and at the outset I would like to apologise for the poor service experience you describe from the moment of your arrival, through to your departure. Such standards are far from normal I am pleased to advise however I appreciate that is of little consolation. I would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail and look to seek an opportunity to arrange for you to return to the Holiday Inn Aylesbury in an endeavour for us to provide an experience more typical of the normal hospitality we strive to deliver to our guests.
Yours sincerely
Ian

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with my daughter on a bargain national holidays break.Great value for money all round. Lovely, kind and helpful staff. Great rooms, spacious, comfy and very clean. Evening buffet style meal good and breakfast fabulous! Can't fault it at all.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed for just one night at this out of town hotel. The hotel has plenty of parking, and had plenty of people enjoying the reception/bar area in the evening. There was a kids play area, which was a nice touch.

Checkin was fine, and there were no room issues to note. The decor and furniture looked well maintained, as was the bathroom, shower curtain and towels. Criticisms? There was chocolate and water on the side by the entrance, but it wasn't obvious if they were free or not. And the window shutter was a stiff and squeaky. So, not much criticism then. We got a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed, and experienced no noise issues.

Breakfast was plentiful with a great range inclusing pancakes, lots of cereals and fruit and extra egg options (poached/boiled/omelette) to order.

Overall, I'd definitely plan to stay here again if staying in the Aylesbury area again.

1  Thank jodastephen
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here last week on a business trip. Can't fault it too much apart from the RUDE girl on the check in desk. Firstly kept me waiting while she faffed about with whatever it was she was doing then was completely ignorant the rest of my check in. Very unhelpful and rude as she chatted to another member of staff over me. Breakfast looked inedible so I got a cup of tea to go. Not a great start to the day! The bed was like sleeping on a slab of concrete. Good luck if you stay here longer than one night!!

1  Thank eshaw2011
IRees, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aylesbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear eshaw2011
Thank you for your feedback further to your recent stay. I was most disappointed to read your comments and particular with regard to the inhospitable welcome you refer to. I have spoken to my Reception manager who in turn has spoken to the individual who was on duty that evening, in view to ensure your feedback is relayed, in attempt to convey the importance of providing a great welcome, the welcome you describe is far from normal standards and most unacceptable.
I was sorry also to learn you were unhappy with the quality of the bed, this will be checked to ensure there is no issue with the bed, as a "great nights sleep" is a must.
Please do accept my apologies, I am sorry that your experience was not more positive, and would therefore like to have an opportunity to make amends, therefore please contact me directly to arrange details.
Yours sincerely
Ian Rees

Reviewed April 9, 2013

nice location with greenery surrounding the back of the property,, also situated amongst some nice looking property so you feel like you are in a good area. the hotel is large spacious and to a good standard of quality . the staff i found to be very pleasant, willing to help and oblige and also efficient. the ambiance of an evening was very relaxed and welcoming, tastefully decorated and a nice layout. the food was of a very high standard, good choice and a minced beef lattice pie was absolutlely delicious. this was such a nice change to some places we have stayed at where the staff dont want to bother with you. so well done everyone.

Room Tip: we have stayed here once before a few years ago the rooms at the back i find suit us best as looking...
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We got a late (and cheap!) deal on this hotel and we were really just looking for a brief overnight stay. However, the hotel totally surpassed our expectations. Our room was spacious, tasteful and comfortable and we recieved a warm welcome despite our late arrival. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable and affordable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Samantha T
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback further to your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to learn that you had both an enjoyable and comfortable stay, and of course found it such great value.
Many thanks
Ian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylesbury
Premier Inn Aylesbury Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wendover
Innkeeper's Lodge- Aylesbury South Weston Turville
Premier Inn Tring Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Aylesbury? Share your experiences!